Light-O-Rama Forums

So This is What It's Like to Set-Up for Christmas in October

PMC

I didn't do a Halloween Show this year, (didn't feel like it) so I been getting ready for Christmas. I normally start setting up on November 1st, and today I was outside setting up some of my wireframes and my 12CCR matrix with the sun is shining and I am under no pressure, I might forget about Halloween next year as well

I found a Gen3 16chanl controller still in the box (some assembly required) that I bought last year during the Summer Sale and now I stare at this unopened box and rub my chin and wonder if I should modify all my sequences and buy some more lights and install this controller newbie

I have been setting up since October 2.  We had our 1st snow in mid Sept. Now it is nice & I hope the snow stays away until Christmas eve. I use to set up in the last week of Sept. but back then I had 352 channels & now I am down to 112 channels & 12 ccrs & 4 ccps. Next year I will be down even more regular Lor channels.  I should have my 12 ccr Matrix & ccp arches up in about 4 hours in 2015 then the yard decorations. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I started in September this year. I've been busy designing and building elements for S.E. to sell. It's cool to have a way to support my hobby, but it has stressed me out a lot so I have stretched my setup out by starting earlier. I use it as a mental break from the stress. Glad I did. When I started setting up we had three unseasonably warm weekends in a row with Temps of 80 degrees. Now in the last two weeks we've had 9 inches of rain and the yard is a mud bog.

Today I should b wrap my last obligations then it's full steam ahead on the display. I say go for it with the controller. I'm getting pixels shipped to me this next week. Not programmed a lick of RGB yet. We'll see if it makes the show. Let us know how the newbie controller does.

I started in August this year... lots of Changes from last year and am still trying to make all of it work together... Having a small challenge on the DMX network with Star Projectors being different models than last year. :(

I started two days ago. I have about 1/3rd setup now but rain today, all day, puts a stop to everything. Usually takes me a week.

Hubby and I take vacation the whole week of Thanksgiving and set up our lights..not much of a vacation, but everything is rady to go at this point- no more programming for this year....always lots in the works tho!

• The topic was locked