Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels and grouping

aesl1982

So lor n most ppl recommend 4x4. I see lor say 4x4 for forst 32 channels then 2x8 for next 32. Would it be ok to keep 4x4 for all 48 channels

Set it up however you want.

The only real limitation would be electrical loads on the controllers. Your imagination (and budget) will dictate the rest.

Just trying to coordinate with their premade sequences. That's what I'm gonna use this year

Using all LEDs so I don't see much of a electrical issue

Just trying to coordinate with their premade sequences. That's what I'm gonna use this year

Using all LEDs so I don't see much of a electrical issue

I have followed the LOR recommend 4x4 and will continue to do so as I add additional controllers.  I purchased two of their sequences and they look fantastic. Dueling Banjos Jingle Bells is a great sequence and really shows off how good the 4x4 layout works. 

I only have two controllers, but when I had a 3rd, and perhaps a 4th,  for 2015 it will continue in the same fashion. 

This also helps when you do your own sequences. You can really mentally visualize the layout. The Visualizer works well, but if you do not decide to have a very structured layout it becomes challenging, at least to me, when doing the channel config.

Also, in particular, when you use a donated (free) sequence with more channels than you have or if there are elements that you don't have, it is easier to adapt it to your layout.  

With the LOR method, top to bottom, left to right and bottom to top and right to left become almost easy to see and program. 

Hope this helps a little. 

Merry Christmas! 

If you're adapting s sequence from someone else, I believe the "stretch to fit" paste option might easily become your new best friend.