Light-O-Rama Forums

Triangle shaped matrix

perydell

I'm building a matrix of CCB in a triangle.

So all rows are straight across.

Bottom row 43 lights.

Row above that has 40.

Row above that has 37... etc. Top row has 1 light. 14 rows in all.

All rows going horizontal. And slope of hypotenuse going from bottom left to upper right. A 90 degree triangle.

I have built this in visualizer then brought into superstar and it appears to work -- kind of. The problem is that it wants the hypotenuse to be on the right and all the lights to be straight up against the left side.

Any idea for how to overcome this?

My only idea so far is to just make the visualizer and superstar think it is just a regular 43x14 matrix. And I'll just know as I design it that half of it won't actually show up. Only downside of this is that I think I'll be on the hook for 3 more licenses even though those lights won't even be visible.

Any thoughts?

Manually build each bulb in visualizer and you can place them anywhere you want.  Then import the visualization into SuperStar in Visualizer mode.

BTW, unless you're not doing what I am thinking you're doing, or I missed the math, it's 15 rows.

That does work. And I see it nicely in SuperStar. But I would love to be able to use the text controls and other stuff. The green grid above the visualization doesn't show things exactly right. Or if a pixel for a font needs to be on the third pixel from the left and that pixel doesn't exist because that row on the triangle has fewer columns it puts it on the wrong spot.

When you import visualization into superstar do you select horizontal and 14 rows? And then 43 bulbs?

I would think that it would have each row as it's own grid line.

If not that is what I would work on. You might have to separate the visualizer created rows so that it can separate each one in ss.