Light-O-Rama Forums

newbie with a question about saving a template for making sequences with

Old Sarge

I am not real sure if II worded it right but I am a newbie with 32 channels right now and plan on having 48 before Christmas.

My main question for now is... How can I save a template to use for different sequences with it going back to the time etc. for when I first made it.

What I mean is that I made I am not sure what you call it here on LOR but I want to keep the same channels etc. the way I have them set up instead of having to start from scratch each time I work on a new song.

I am using software suit 3.11.2 and have advanced license. I hope to be able to make or save a template as to my channels etc. 

The one I have keeps the original date that I made it instead of the new date for when I make a new sequence. also it is keeping the original song etc. on it even though I have purchased music etc. I have to manually change the music name etc.

I hope I made myself understood as to what I am trying to do... I have searched the help section and cannot find the information I am looking for there.

Another question is how do I save the animation Layout to use for different sequences without having to remake it each time I work on a different song?

Both these I have tried to find answers in the help menu to no avail... Any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance.. I will watch here for a answer but my e mail is

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com if you want to answer me there..

Thank you

The software has the ability to save a template. Look under the "Edit -> Export/Import Channel Config" to get started.

See this article for more. More information from the LOR Docs here.

This will save the channels and anything you have in the Animation Window. (For anyone who may be new, the Animation Window is not the Visualizer. They are two different programs.)

Open up the sequence that's has all the channels in the order that you want .Now go to edit look for export / import channel configuration select export and name the file and save . do the same for the animation sequence channels then when you open a new sequence you import the saved channel configurations

thanks to you both. Maybe I was using wrong wording when I said animations.... what II was meaning was the part of the sequence where you can draw the layout of your lights etc. Has a section where you can add a picture to but I haven't figured out how to use that yet... Keeps saying my picture is to big and I am lost then... lol

Thanks a lot guys great help.. I will try to make myself a save able template now to be able to work with different songs with.. Thanks again.. as usual a lot of people willing to help out with answering questions here..... Thanks to all

thanks to you both. Maybe I was using wrong wording when I said animations.... what II was meaning was the part of the sequence where you can draw the layout of your lights etc. Has a section where you can add a picture to but I haven't figured out how to use that yet... Keeps saying my picture is to big and I am lost then... lol

As Don stated, Animation and Visualizer are two different things but both allow you to draw lights. If you open Animation you will get a black screen with grids to draw the shape of your lights in and they will then light with you sequence. Visualizer allows you to upload a pic of your house and allows you to place lights on your house or trees or anything in the pic which will work with you sequence. If your pic is too large and you use a Microsoft computer open the "Paint" program upload the pic, re-size it, and save it Then you should be able to upload it into Visualizer.

My picture itself wasn't too large, but it was too big of a file. Too high def. Had to use a picture in a lower resolution to get it to load up.