Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor won't control RGB CMB24D

Christmas

So I'm just lost now, I don't know why Sequence edit isn't working. I must be doing something wrong just can't see what. 

The CMB24D works fine on the hardware tester lights turn on and all. But nothing in the sequence editor. 

Control lights in Editor is ticked & Unit is set to 0E

Works Fine in Hardware tester

b46985a22a.png

Settings in Sequence Editor and it does not work.

ebd05132c5.png

Any suggestions?

When you open the sequence editor, is there a small blue box at the bottom right of the SE? If it's not blue, then it means the COM port is in use by another LOR program. Make sure all other LOR programs are closed.

Also, what license level do you have? If you don't have a Advanced license, you would need to get one, or lower the 0E to something that fits within your current license.

When you open the sequence editor, is there a small blue box at the bottom right of the SE? If it's not blue, then it means the COM port is in use by another LOR program. Make sure all other LOR programs are closed.

Also, what license level do you have? If you don't have a Advanced license, you would need to get one, or lower the 0E to something that fits within your current license.

It is blue. Com Port Status Good.

My 16 channel LOR controller works fine in SE it's just the RGB controler I can't get to work.

All other LOR programs are closed.

Status light on the RGB Controler is solid Red.

Edited by Christmas

Do you have the "Control Lights" box checked on in the SE's "Play" pulldown? Never mind, I just re-read your post and it was one of the first things you said.

Edited by dgrant

Just my two cents here but in your screen shots you have the CMB-24D set as OE. In the Unit ID don't you have to give it an ID number and then set the dip switch on the CMB-24D board to the corresponding ID number?

Edit: After looking at the manual are dip switches 6,7,and 8 turned on since OE is the equivalent of Ch 14?

Also check your circuit numbers in the RGB Channel Settings:

1st RGB strip = 1,2,3

2nd RGB strip = 4,5,6

3rd RGB strip = 7,8,9

Edited by Mr. P

Does the basic software do DMX? I don't think it does. The HWU can see it as a LOR controller and turn the lights on, but in the sequence editor you need to use DMX programming which is not part of the basic software!

By his screenshot, it's basic, which is limited to 2 controllers, do they need to be unit's 1 and 2?

It does say Basic, doesn't it. Completely missed that. Yes, the controllers would need to be UnitID 01 and 02.

Does the basic software do DMX? I don't think it does. The HWU can see it as a LOR controller and turn the lights on, but in the sequence editor you need to use DMX programming which is not part of the basic software!

The basic software will do DMX, but only with the LOR iDMX1000.

It does say Basic, doesn't it. Completely missed that. Yes, the controllers would need to be UnitID 01 and 02.

The basic software will do DMX, but only with the LOR iDMX1000.

So the quick solution would be a software upgrade!

Larry

The controller in question does not need to be run in DMX mode with the software. (at least I think you are indicating that DMX mode is required)

Steve