Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with 6 CCR's configured in "2 arch Pairs"

MSB

I'm working on a very long area and placing one CCR inside of 2-10 foot pieces of clear PVC. Here's the visualizer setup:

Arch 1 CCR 01-25 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 01 Base Unit 41 Aux E

Arch 1 CCR 26-50 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 26 Base Unit 41 Aux E

Arch 2 CCR 01-25 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 01 Base Unit 42 Aux E

Arch 2 CCR 26-50 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 26 Base Unit 42 Aux E

Arch 3 CCR 01-25 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 01 Base Unit 43 Aux E

Arch 3 CCR 26-50 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 26 Base Unit 43 Aux E

Arch 4 CCR 01-25 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 01 Base Unit 44 Aux E

Arch 4 CCR 26-50 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 26 Base Unit 44 Aux E

Arch 5 CCR 01-25 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 01 Base Unit 45 Aux E

Arch 5 CCR 26-50 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 26 Base Unit 45 Aux E

Arch 6 CCR 01-25 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 01 Base Unit 46 Aux E

Arch 6 CCR 26-50 Resolution 50 Starting Pixel number 26 Base Unit 46 Aux E

However, when the visulaizer is imported into superstar, the grid is not correct. I import the visualization with max length of 50, Horizontal, and 6 detection lines for the 6 arches. I would expect to have 6 rows of 50 pixels (one row for each arch pair. What could I be doing wrong? Also, the numbers on the visulaizer are backwards.

post-11229-0-35902300-1413304137_thumb.j

post-11229-0-00288500-1413304218_thumb.j

The first thing that jumps out at me is the order setting of the CCR pixels. I can't see the first arch of CCR 1.  It also appears that you only have 9 or 10 pixels in each arch.

Edited by equinator

Are you wanting 25 pixels per arch? If so, the visualization does not have 25 pixels per arch.

That looks to be the problem. I tried setting the resolution to 25 for each "side of the arch" but then Superstar yells at me.

OK, so we changed the visualization tonight to be a size of 50 with 8 segments and 3 pixels per segment. That gets us to 24 pixels for the 1st half. The problem is the second half. If we start at 26, that gets us to 50 but when we do the import, the 1st pixel is in the lower right of the grid and works up backwards. We tried using the comments to force arch1 pixel 1 to row 1,1 1,2 1,3 etc but we must be doing something wrong as that didn't seem to work, There will be one pixel (25) that can't be addressed unless there is a better way. Also, when it fills the 50 pixels, won't that one pixel throw things off when we get to the 6th double arch?

Working with the Arch Wizard in the Visualizer is a little strange when working with CCRs. First, realize that "Size" refers only to how big the arch appears. "Size" does not effect how many pixels are in the arch. So you can set size to any number you want. I set the values as follows:

Prop (Arch) Name:  Arch 01 - Pixels 1-25

Type of Arch: Arch

Size: 100

First Segment Location: Left

Number of Segments: 5

Allow Arch Correctino: Checked

Light Type: CCR

Pixels Per Segment: 5

Inside Radius: 10

Density: 5

Click on Ok

The Prop Properties dialog box appears

Click on the "Wizards" tab

Click on the "Run Channel Wizard" button

Select the desired Base Unit ID for the first segment, lets say we want it to be unit ID 03, Click on OK

The wizard will automatically increment to the next unit Id of 04 for the second segment, but we want it to still be 03, so set it to 03, Click on Ok

Keep clicking on Ok for each segment, but set the unit ID to 03 for each segment.

Keep doing this until you are done

Now create another arch, name it "Arch 02 - Pixels 26-50"

Use all the same settings in the Arch Wizard dialog box

But this time when running the channel wizard, set  "Physical Starting Pixel Number" to 26 for the first segment, and again, set 03 for the unit ID

Click on OK, for each segment, and again set the unit ID for each segment to 03.

You should now have two arches, both use unit ID 03, the first arch will have pixels 1-25 of the CCR, and the second arch will have pixels 26-50 of the CCR