Light-O-Rama Forums

Instant Sequencer

Chris B

Brian has there been any updates to the instant sequencer, and do you know when it will be available? Thanks

Chris

I have done some work on Instant Sequence. It will be in the next release, but I don't know when the next release will be.

The additions to Instant Sequence are:

1) A new trigger type that is designed to work better for Visualizations

2) You can control which colors are in the theme

3) The speed is a number from 1 to 10

Brian,

You previously mentioned you might have a separate installable version on your website prior to the actual LOR update release.  Is that off the table?  Either way, I really do appreciate how you keep us up to date.  

Mike A.

You can get the most recent SSEdit.exe I have by following the directions below. However, the new "Rapid Fire" trigger type defaults to using a new theme that you won't have. But you can take a look at the other features.

1) Shut down SuperStar

2) Look for SSEdit.exe. It will be in one of the following two places:

c:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama\SSEdit.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\SSEdit.exe

3) Rename it to something like SSEdit_original.exe

4) Use the link below to get the new SSEdit.exe and copy it to the same place where you renamed the original SSEdit.exe

http://superstar.synchronizedchristmas.com/SSEdit.exe

5) Launch SuperStar. If you have done everything correctly, it will say v0.1409.30 in the title bar in the upper left of the program.

• 1 month later...

Brian I just downloaded 3.12 and it says updates to superstar instant sequencer. I believe I read somewhere that you were making changes to make it less "blinky blinky". Does this work for traditional Christmas light instant sequencing(non ccr). Thanks   

Chris

The attempt to make instant sequence less blinky is the "Rapid Fire" trigger type, but when you look at the Instant Sequence dialog box you will see that the "Rapid Fire" buttons are grayed out. That is because as I tested it there were still a lot of bugs in it. Sorry, but it won't be ready until next year.

The attempt to make instant sequence less blinky is the "Rapid Fire" trigger type, but when you look at the Instant Sequence dialog box you will see that the "Rapid Fire" buttons are grayed out. That is because as I tested it there were still a lot of bugs in it. Sorry, but it won't be ready until next year.

I kind of figured out that by lowering the lowering the sensitivity and raising the lenght in the timing map i could make it less blinky on fast songs.

Now for another issue i am having, when i down load a singing tree sequence from Holiday coro, the have  there sequences at 10 beats per second, but the back ground sequence i do for the singing trees in SS is 20 beats per second, how can i change that? They will not work together when i try and copy paste them into a new sequence in the Editor.

When you do copy/paste be sure you have the paste type set as "Paste by Time" and then the beats per second don't matter. The paste type is in the tools that pop out from the left side of the sequence editor.

When you do copy/paste be sure you have the paste type set as "Paste by Time" and then the beats per second don't matter. The paste type is in the tools that pop out from the left side of the sequence editor.

Ok got it. Now maybe the trees will actually sink up in time.

• 3 weeks later...

Brian, I hope I am at the right page on the forum.

I am a new LOR user as of last month. I have advance license and also got the Super star udate a couple weeks ago. thiss is my problem...

I had to get a new computer today. It has windows 8.1 I installed LOR with no problem , registered it no problem. the message box said it was good and my Super star was included.... the problem is... it is not showing up on mu menue and I cannot even find where the control panel is for the LOR programs.. I am so totally lost... Is it possible that LOR and Super star is not compatable with windows 8.1

Please help me

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

One of my computers has Windows 8 and the LOR programs do run on it. Windows 8 can be confusing. If you click on the windows icon in the lower left of the screen it alternates between a desktop view and a "tile" view. When in the "tile" view if you start typing on the keyboard "Search" appears and it shows a list of files that match what your type. You can type "light" and the light-o-rama programs should appear in the list. You can also type anything that is in the title of the program, so you can type "visualizer" and the "lightorama visualizer" should appear. Type "super" and "lightorama superstar" should appear.

If you can't get the above to work let me know.