Light-O-Rama Forums

Attaching lights to tile roof

godman

I don't have a tile roof but this is what came into my mind as a solution.

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Clear-Strips-17006CLR-VP-Adhesive/dp/B0084M67P8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413256419&sr=8-1&keywords=3M+Command+Clear+Mini+Wall+Hooks

These are some details about it

• Damage-Free Hanging
  • Clear hooks, clear strips
  • Holds strongly
  • Removes cleanly
  • Blend into high-visibility surfaces so they don't distract from your decor.
  • Hold firmly and remove cleanly without causing damage to the surfaces

.314ei+Sw3sL.jpg313HSeDYgaL.jpg

Edited by Victor Degroot

need more info.. do you plan on covering your roof or just go along the edge of it.

Are you going to go over the top peek or from side to side etc.

I have a couple ideas but need more info as to how you are planning on running your lights.

I to have a tile roof and live in s. ca.

One section I used small 1/4 rope, not visible from the street and at the end used bungee cords with metal hooks on the ends to loop over the tile to hold the rope secure and fastened my lights to the rope with zip ties all from Harbor Freight. Just be sure and not pull the bungee to tight where you have it hooked to the sides of your tiles. you don't worry about a lot of  ice and snow build up where you are so it should do fine.

for the peek how about using short bungee cords stretch over the peek from one side of the top tile to the other side of it and zip tie or tape your lights to the bungee cord.

a short bungee cord with the metal hooks on the end so you can spread the hook out as needed to fit over the tile

as for the middle if going over the peek like from front to back use bungee at the ends where it is at the roof edge or if going across it like side to side use rope with bungees on the ends and connect your lights to the rope.

I used hot glue to attach white LED strings to my (metal) tile roof. Yes, I know they are rated for temporary use, but after 4 years, they are still working fine.

I pressed up some 100 x 6mm plate about 200mm long to the angel of the roof then welded some 50 x 25 RHS to that then ran 20 x 20 aluminium RHS between them no need to screw down just sits there nice

I agree on using hot glue, allows you to place lights wherever and as close as you want, and when your are done they just pull off. (just use a small dot, if too much used they will stick more than needed. Have been using hot glue for 20 years now, great on stucco, brick, aluminum, never had a problem till last year, Florida was so hot that the lights were melting off the aluminum soffits. Office binder clips rescued me.