Light-O-Rama Forums

Just Starting Out!

MustangGt2013

From what I've read, I should've started this process a while ago.

• I do not own a single Light-O-Rama product.

My question is.. What do I need to buy? There is so many choices that i'm dumbfounded on what to do. I'm not looking for a show of 64 controllers, just the basic 16 residential. I plan on playing the music through outdoor speakers that I own so no fm transmitter is needed. I have a Gateway PC that I plan on running in through. Can someone tell me exactly what I would need? including software? I'm not going crazy... this year just getting started. 

-Thanks Much

Stay away from the Whole House transmitter. Trust me only a few strange people will tell you that it works for them. Everyone else will back what I am telling you..

On top of what Don mentioned as in needs, you also need sequences/music and a plan on how to setup whatever strings of lights you wish to run. Yes, there are limits on how many you can run at the same time depending on the type...Incandescents or LEDs. Now to manually sequence the lights yourself, TIME is needed and lots of it. For your first year, if this year, buy a few sequences, configure them to work with your channel assignments for your controller(s) and learn.

• Like 1

Despite your statement that you don't need an FM transmitter, you really do.  People really will stay in their cars and won't hear the music without an FM transmitter.  And if you think that you can jus turn up the volume on your speakers so people in cars can still hear it, you will drive your neighbors (and likely yourself) nuts).

And yes, you should have started a while ago.