Light-O-Rama Forums

Saving Sequences? total newb question...

Bluegrover

This is my first year and everyone has been so wonderful on this forum and sent me some Halloween sequences to mess around with. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to save them. I put the mp3 in the same folder that the others are in and I put the .lms in the same folder that those are in and when I go to play - it says:  ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error playing media file: Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.) 

I even tried making my own sequences on the upstairs computer, but when I tried to save it to my LOR computer, same issue. I am only running 16 channels (first year) and I love the look of my set up and cant wait to add more, but I feel as if I beating my head against the wall on something that should be so simple.

Help!

Jamie

I would suggest opening the sequence then going to Edit -> Media File and making sure you have the correct audio file selected. I know you said you do, but check it again.

Also, if the directories are not *exactly* the same on various computers, you will run into issues. You may also want to reset your LOR data directories so that you are 100% sure they are the same. See this article for help in doing that.

You must link the .lms file to the media file. In the top menu go to edit/media file and link your song to the .lms file. Caution if you move the file to a different folder later you must re-link them again. You are mapping the media file and telling the .lms where to go find your song.