Light-O-Rama Forums

Icicle lights

Bruce Kryfka

I had new gutters with gutter covers put on this summer. Now the old clips that used to clip on the gutters don't work because the cover is screwed in place and there is nothing to clip on to. Is there a special clip that is used when you have gutter covers installed. I have looked in stores and do not see any and if I slide the clips under the shingles that don't seem like it will work. Am I looking at this wrong or is that what is everyone else doing.

I have gutter covers, I use plastic clips available at Home Depot to hang them.  It is possible to get the clip between the front of the gutter cover and the front of the gutter.  It is not the easiest thing to do though.  My fingers are usually sore when I'm done. 

Just looked at Home Depot's web site and I don't see them.  Probably too early.  Home Depot doesn't seem to have the Christmas stuff out yet.

I can't describe them too well, but I'll give it a try.  They are pretty small, kind of an S Shape but both ends of the S curl around more than the letter does.   The top part of the S is a little bigger than the bottom part - this hooks on the gutter.  I usually pick them up after Christmas for 75% off.

There are a number of different manufacturers of the gutter covers, so these clips may not work for you.

Jerry

Edited by LORisAwesome

I don't have covers at my current house, but I did at my previous house. What I did was to use the same old clip and clipped all the way to the shingles. Just let the icicles drape down and over the gutters. At night, all looked great.