Light-O-Rama Forums

How many strobes is enough?

oilmoney

I'm incorporating strobes for the first time this year. I've got 100 xenon u tubes and 30 I tubes ordered. I was thinking of using 120 of them with 10 as spares. My house and yard aren't huge, is 120 enough or overkill? I want it to look good and add pop when they're on. Is there such a thing as too many strobes???

From my perspective it would be more a question of where they placed within the display. Understanding placement should give you better clarity on quantity.  Consider where they are...in trees, bushes, on the ground, in a MT?  Some props would better support a cluster of strobes than others.

I'm of the belief that there is no such thing as too many strobes! Just be careful about overusing them so they don't lose their wow factor.

• Like 2

And make sure they are air tight. If water gets in there (or can't drain out), it'll kill em quick.

I would say, place them out and see. Every display is different.

I'm of the belief that there is no such thing as too many strobes! Just be careful about overusing them so they don't lose their wow factor.

Couldn't agree more.  My wife on the other hand says 1 is too many.  

Couldn't agree more.  My wife on the other hand says 1 is too many.  

My wife always thinks I need 10 more than I have.  Maybe your wife could send mine the ones she thinks you shouldn't be using, and both our wives would be happy  :P

After purchasing them on sales to add to my existing ones I realized I now have approx 500 .Hope that isn't overkill????

• Like 1

No such thing as too many strobes. I've got about 500. 100+ in just the mega tree. Like other people said, don't overuse them. Less than 50% of my sequences use strobes and they are used for max of 15 seconds per song. Overuse them and they lose the wow factor.