Light-O-Rama Forums

First Time Using Visualizer

gannhometech

I've tried following along with the Visualizer tutorial found in 'Help'.  I run into a problem early on, whenever I I select 'file'>'new', the 'new visualization' dialog box appears and I am able to select a background image but after selecting the image and hitting 'ok' nothing appears and no other dialog boxes come up.  I've tried using both the sample image provided in the software and my own image both with the same result.  I've read thru the tutorial several times but can't seem to find out what I might be doing wrong.  Thanks for any help you guys can give.

hmmm  is the program still running and seen in your task bar?    I think the background properties box may be hidden off screen.   Are you using a two monitor system? Or now a single monitor when there used to be more?

I'm using  a two monitor setup.  Visualizer is still in full screen after I click ok and I've checked the task bar preview window to make sure there aren't any open  dialog boxes associated with the program.  I'm using LOR Basic. 

So, do you have a black screen inside visualizer?

There is a slider in the upper right of the screen that allows you to select full darkness to full daylight. That slider may be your issue.

The visualizer screen is solid grey, just like it is whenever you first open the program.  Essentially nothing changes once I hit the 'ok' button in the 'new visualization' dialog box, the dialog box disappears and the visualizer screen is unchanged from when the program is first opened, all buttons on the top rows are greyed out except for the two top left 'new visualization' and 'open visualization'.  I am able to open the sample .lee file and see the image appear with the light strings already added to the house image but I'm unable to open and see the sample house .jpeg or my own .jpeg when starting a new visualization.  I see the slider in the upper right and can make changes to the colors but do not see any change to the visualizer screen when I do so.

I thought it might have something to do with the pixels as well, but it seems like if it did then I would only have a the problem with my own original image, not the sample image provided in the software.  I'm unable to open and see the sample image as well.

Problem fixed.  I opened a service ticket with LOR, they had me wipe the registry and re-install the software and it started working correctly.  Thanks for all your help.