Light-O-Rama Forums

The madness has begun!

Premier

Second year at this and just put up our first Halloween show, just a bunch of decorations and 8 RGB Floods all synched up to the music. It looks even better than I had planned on. Wheww...glad thats done now its on to tweaking the Christmas Show!

The Annual Madness has Begun!!!

Sorry but I need to make a correction. The annual Madness begins once you have the Christmas Display up and running. That's when you start planning for the next years display.

• Like 1

Welcome to the fun.

I am still putting up my Halloween show. The faces are up and running, the CCRs are fired up, the new pixels are sparkling on the trees even though the leaves are blocking them some. The elements are going in, the spiderweb Brian makes is up, and the cauldron witch is ready to start stirring. Have another week or so and it will be fully up and running.

I didn't think I added so much to the show this year but it is taking longer to put up for some reason.

And someone decided to put a new radio station close to my normal show freq. HOW DARE THEY!!!

I think the madness begins all year long! This is only my second year and I didn't heed the warnings last year that I'd start planning before December was over. Sure enough I found myself searching for new info, pixels, e682, lor advanced license...it never ends!!! But definitely the anxieties of coming holidays are starting to build.. Time crunch, but oh so fun and it helps me to remember the true meanings of the Christmas spirit!

As a Jimmy John's sign says "There is a very fine line between a "Hobby" and "Mental Illness"

Which are you?

I would say I am at the line, and about to step over it!

Welcome to the fun.

I am still putting up my Halloween show. The faces are up and running, the CCRs are fired up, the new pixels are sparkling on the trees even though the leaves are blocking them some. The elements are going in, the spiderweb Brian makes is up, and the cauldron witch is ready to start stirring. Have another week or so and it will be fully up and running.

I didn't think I added so much to the show this year but it is taking longer to put up for some reason.

And someone decided to put a new radio station close to my normal show freq. HOW DARE THEY!!!

that happened to me last year. Went to test the show in Nov and found out there was music on my station!!! Had to make some quick changes to the sign :(

Yeah, I use 88.9.  The new station is 88.7.  89.5 has always been occupied.  I thought 88.9 was good separation from that 89.5 and with nothing lower I was happy.

I use a handheld transistor radio to test my lights and I cant digitally program it to 88.9 as it is a slider type tuner.  I used to be able to just go to the bottom and my station was the first one up.  Not anymore.

I think I have enough separation for this year.  And my station only makes it a block all directions.  But finding my station on the handheld is more tedious and that is causing me grief and longer setup.  I guess it is time to search the waves for a new channel next year.