Light-O-Rama Forums

Non CCR pixel tree in visualizer

alchrisr01

I'm sorry folks, I hate to ask but I have read the forums and searched and tried various tools for that I have found for several days and still can't get the darn thing done!  I am not a complete moron, just a partial one I suppose!  As the title suggest, I built a FrankFarmer pixel tree and use Ray Wu ribbons.  I am running short on time (as usual) and have purchased a couple Davensj's sequences. I used Vegomatic to assign all the channels.  Everything test fine in real life using the Sandevices board, so no real world issues at all.  I just can't seem to get the tree built in the visualizer.  If anyone has a 12 ribbon prop file that works I sure would be thankful.  I need all the sequence time I have left and getting this done is killing me!  I really need to get some pixel tree sequencing done on my own as well.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I created mine using RGBStudo which is a free download. Now when I did it, it caused problems but I got it in there. The guy who created that code, says I need to manually create each string of pixels to get around the issues but hey, it works for now so till the next LOR update comes out, I'll stick with it. I can email the pixel tree LPF file but don't hold me accountable for any issues you experience...send me your email address and its yours. Its a 12x50 pixel tree

Thanks for the reply.  I started with a fresh outlook this  morning and found  Ron Boyd's Vimeo page and his method worked great! I see someone else posted a similar question as well.  Maybe we need a sticky on this.

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 1

I did create a pixel mega tree visualisation using the CCR props using the above video, but how do I map the channels.

I have assigned Aux A as the network option in the visualistion. How does this map to the DMX Universe 2 to 6 (2400 channles)which is my assigned channel in the sequencer

thanks

R Abraham

You use the ccrs to ease up on fixtures. a 16 leg tree will take up 800 fixtures. Your Visualizer, as of now only allows 1024, I think that's the number.

In your Channel config, you'll need 2 sets of channels, CCR and DMX. Once you're satisfied with your sequence, move the effects to the DMX channels by either 1 at a time or, do what I do. I de-group the CCRs, re-group the RGB channels, Group the macro channels separately and then delete them. Once you get the macro channels grouped, save that config. now you only have to import the config.

Once the macro channels are out of the way, you can copy all strings on the pixel tree and paste into the DMX config all at once. You can do it one line at a time, but it can get confusing that way.

Make sure you "paste by time".  I missed that the first time. (My ccr sequence had different cells and the copied one ran a bit slow. easy fix though.)  thanks again Ron for the videos.

Thanks. I added a CCR device in the sequence with 50 strings. After populating 50X3 channles I have seven extra channels.

(LR. MM, MS, ME, CM, CS, C1). should I delete them before adding the next CCR device  of 50 pixels.

I have another video done showing how to work the CCR Fakeout in the sequence editor. There are actually two ways to do it. You'll need to pick the way that's best for your situation. There's probably other ways to do this, but these are the two I've got figured out. Once I get the video loaded to Vimeo, I'll post a link.

The reason I did it is, there seems to be a bit of confusion on how to re-map the channels from a CCD to DMX. It's a simple procedure, but a bit time consuming. The good thing is, you only need to do it once and then save the config. Then you'll just need to import the channel config. Hopefully this video will clear out some of the confusion. (Possibly clear as mud) :P The video was uploaded at 0715, but it's going through the conversion phase. I'll post it around lunch time.

With all that said, hopefully once we get the updates for the S3, all this will not be needed. Right now, the Visualizer will only do 1024 fixtures and a 12 x 50 pixel tree or matrix is already over halfway to that limit, if you're using single bulbs for all 600 pixels. The CCD Fakeout, will drop that to 12 fixtures, or 16, depending on your tree.

Ron

OK, Here's the link to the video. Hope it helps.

Edited by Ron Boyd
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for double posting on another thread. Running out of time and REALLY need to start sequencing!!! ;-)

This thread has answered some questions but still have some more.  Is there a dmx limit on the visualizer? I have a bunch of dumb nodes as well as a pixel tree and small matrix. I think I can do the matrix in Nutcracker though.

Here is the info from the other thread. Hope some of you smarter people can help ;-)

>>>>>>>>

I am not sure if this thread is going to be the answer to my problem or not. I kind of hope it is and hopefully you folks can help me.

I have a NON-CCR Pixel tree running in DMX mode. It is 24 strands and 40 pixels long. I also will have a star on top of the tree (10 pixels) that I will tie into one of the strings just to get signal and power to. This will be a 180 deg tree.

I do not have not have Superstar software nor can afford that for sometime to come. I have the Advanced S3 license.

I want to use Visualizer but yesterday found out I cannot with this pixel tree in dmx mode with it...I think. I see that Vegomatic can only do 50 pixels, not 40 pixels per string. So the "Shadow Pixels" you speak of. Is this going to be the way I could get this imported into Visualizer and make it work? I hate spending all this money on a pixel tree just to find out I can sequence for it :-(  I have asked this question in several areas but really haven't found the answer. Hopefully you folks can help me.