Light-O-Rama Forums

shutdown sequence

johnny christmas

i just checked out LORwiki to find an answer but found nothing so im asking here
in wiki it says

The Shutdown Component The shutdown component consists of a collection of animation sequences that are played in order after the musical and animation components end. Use the shutdown component to do any cleanup that you need to do after your show.
You may put musical or animation sequences in the shutdown component.

now my problem is, in bold and underlined it says i can put MUSICAL sequences but tonight (my first night using the shutdown since opening night was just everything) i had a song in shutdown and only the lights worked, no music...any idea why? or is it you can put musical and animation sequences in there but only the lights will work, no sound...any ideas?

This is copied from the Light O Rama Manual.

[ The Shutdown Component
The shutdown component consists of a collection of animation sequences that are played in order after the musical and animation components end. Use the shutdown component to do any cleanup that you need to do after your show.

You may not put musical sequences in the shutdown component. ]

I use the startup to turn on my audio amp, and my "Tune To" sign, and the shutdown to turn them off.

Jim

Jim Looker wrote:

The Shutdown Component
The shutdown component consists of a collection of animation sequences that are played in order after the musical and animation components end. Use the shutdown component to do any cleanup that you need to do after your show.

You may not put musical sequences in the shutdown component.

Jim

I'm not sure what the docu said, but it's always worked in the past (before LOR II). We use it to say "the lights are out for the evening, show hours are yadda yadda..."

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Jim Looker wrote:

The Shutdown Component

You may not put musical sequences in the shutdown component.

Jim

I'm not sure what the docu said, but it's always worked in the past (before LOR II). We use it to say "the lights are out for the evening, show hours are yadda yadda..."

-Tim
i just happened to be outside when the shutdown was starting and there was no sound, through speakers or on my car radio...and reading that thread that was posted (guess i shoulda went to page 2 of recent) dan said theyll work on that...so i guess till its fixed ill just put everything in my show and shut off the random part of it, cuz if my intros play in the middle it wouldnt fit lol...also dont know if i had audio for startup since i wasnt home for it

Jim Looker wrote:

I use the startup to turn on my audio amp, and my "Tune To" sign, and the shutdown to turn them off.
How did you do this? I tried putting the transmitter, audio amp, and "tune to" sign in the startup sequence, but they just turned back off at the end of the sequence. What do you do to the startup sequence to make it leave channels on when it's done?

I ended up putting those channels in the background sequence, which works well.

I have one channel for my sign outlet. I made a one minute animation sequence of that channel on. I put it in the startup tab. Then I made a one second sequence of that channel off. And I put it in the shutdown tab. I remove that channel from all my musical sequences to make sure that I didn't accidently turn it off during the show.

Once it turns on it will stay that way through out the night, till you turn it off.

Jim