Light-O-Rama Forums

How to tell Full wave vs Half wave

godman

Mostly by the flicker in your peripheral vision, or lack thereof.  Flicker = half wave.  Half-wave usually fade just fine.  They're not as bright as full-wave.

Edited by George Simmons

I'm not really seeing a flicker; would the flicker be very noticeable? Would it flicker more at a certain percentage?

You will see the flicker more if the strings are moving. Try holding the string in your hand and wave it back and forth.

Something else that is a pretty good indicator is the power saving that is quoted on the package.

80% power saving = full wave

90% power saving = half wave

The flicker is easier to see if you put the lights (fold them as stated above) to the side of your dominant eye. Look straight and focus on something within arms reach. In your peripheral vision of the lights the flickering. if present, will be very easy to see.

The waving a portion back and forth and I'll blink quickly and the flickering will be revealed.

The full wave, to me, are much brighter and if you buy sealed strings you will get longer life.

The flicker is easier to see if you put the lights (fold them as stated above) to the side of your dominant eye. Look straight and focus on something within arms reach. In your peripheral vision of the lights the flickering. if present, will be very easy to see.

The waving a portion back and forth and I'll blink quickly and the flickering will be revealed.

The full wave, to me, are much brighter and if you buy sealed strings you will get longer life.

I agree 100%/  Full-wave may cost you a little more but the investment is well worth it.