Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Leaping arch build

circleracer44

This is my first year doing a LOR display finishing up my leaping arches just wanting some thoughts of the guys and gals that has been doing it for a while yah or nah on this design??? 

post-14214-0-47138500-1412201811_thumb.j

post-14214-0-46694900-1412201821_thumb.j

post-14214-0-03067300-1412201828_thumb.j

I like the design, only possible change would be pressure treated wood. But that's a stable looking arch, thumbs up.

• Like 1

Yeah this one I did with just some extra wood I had laying around my other arches are made out of pressure treated probably going to paint them as well

I did the same thing except I used pex because I made my arches with ws2811 pixels. I tried putting rebar into the ground and putting the pex over the rebar like LightsinMaine suggested but for some reason it wasent holding its form as well as it was on the wood. what type of wire did you use to connect the arch to the wood circleracer 44, is that fishing wire?  

Yes Steelers95 I just doubled up 30lb line on each side. Where I live we tend to have some pretty decent wind and just didn't want to have to go out every other day to stand them back up. you could say its over kill lol

Edited by circleracer44

I have always used rebar and only rebar.  Have never had any trouble with the huge winds we have. 

they are trimmed lol I was excited on how they came out I forgot to trim them before I took the pictures

I tried rebar, but it would work for me. I had to use lumber also. I got too many rocks to be about to drive rebar in the ground. Too old to be using a jack hammer.

• Like 1

there are tons of decisions to be made lol just wish I could pick one and stick with it

we use rebar too....but we use pvc or conduit..I can't remember it's been so long... but we timestakingly wrapped each segment with a rope light... I like the esthetics of it. but very nice