Light-O-Rama Forums

9600 channel mega tree ready to deploy!

colonel

I have to say I would rather be a spectator than the one who has to put that up.  I could feel the anxiety rising just looking at all the cables.

• Like 1

I don't do face book either.  Do you have a drop box account or other means to allow us NON-FB people to enjoy also

I don't do face book either.  Do you have a drop box account or other means to allow us NON-FB people to enjoy also

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l6edygypdy9hoju/AABUOq_dDDdlyLie3VqQo0Rha?dl=0

Christmas will soon be here!! Finally completed the assembly of the light strings for the Mega tree in the town square and the smaller one on the lake. The Mega tree has:

3200 Pixel lights

256 solder joints

1216' of power injection feed wire

2656' of rope

4800+ 8" plastic ties

Ask me if I would do this again!! :blink:

The tree strings are hoisted 8 at a time on a 2" galvanized flagpole with a topper for the extra length and star. No stretch nylon rope. Will deploy early November and see if this works?

Thats going to be impressive when you get it put up. Please be sure to do a video and post once its outside and running.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!

I still can't wrap my head around the need for all of the power supplies!

Crazy!

Crazy yes! If you don't add power (injection) the white turns pink. You inject generally at the end but not always! The guage of wire and the distance also make a difference. What a hobby!  I'm disassembling now and mounting the controllers in enclosures. Trying to deploy but 40 degrees, 25 mph winds and light rain are slowing us down.  Ho Ho Ho.

• 4 weeks later...

What a goat rope! Got it up but one strand was out in the middle so it is only a 31x100 tree now. First year disclosed many design and deployment problems but correctable. When things settle down, I will disclose. Movies are also of the smaller lake tree 16x50 and very easy kinda to construct. The bigger tree was way too much work but quite spectactular.  Picture resolution a slight dissapointment. I cannot say enough about Gorilla ToGo tape!

https://www.dropbox.com/l/WsNASD9fbKqUa7J28dqp7g?text=1

• The topic was locked