Light-O-Rama Forums

Video File taking forever to convert on SE

wensteve

How long did it take everyone to open the WMV file onto LOR Sequence editor? I am trying to create a New Sequence using a video file that is 33 minutes long. It's going on 5 hours and it's still only half way through the "Converting file" part.

How large is the video file?

When you create the sequence, make sure "Use Internal LOR Media Format" is unchecked. That might help. Though it might cause audio problems down the line if the audio isn't already 128k.

I unchecked the box and tried again, it still gets to a certain point of the "converting files" and then the bars seem to stop moving. I can leave my laptop on all night if by morning this will be done. If I do that, should I leave the box checked?

Well I just converted a 197mb WMV file in about 10 seconds or so.

I'd be wondering if it's something with the computer, or another process that you have running that is interfering.

Ugh...I don't know what to do :( I originally converted the Mpeg-4 file to a WMV file and still can't get it to convert onto LOR SE. That's my first problem, and now I decided I should watch the WMV file that I did convert and am finding its too pixelatedm that's my new problem...ARhhhhhh

Ok, so I tried converting my mpeg-4 file to AVI this time. It works and the video plays on Windows Media Player just great. I open LOR SE and open this file as a New Sequence and it all opens and happens fast but then when I hit play, it's a bunch of lines with a black background??? Anyone know why this happens?

If you want that video to run with a sequence first edit the video to the length of the sequence and then add the music to the video when that's done you open sequence editor open new musical sequence and when it asks for music select your video

If you want that video to run with a sequence first edit the video to the length of the sequence and then add the music to the video when that's done you open sequence editor open new musical sequence and when it asks for music select your video

Thank you but what I want is for the video to play the entire show.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone solved this issue?

I was trying to open a sequence file that contained a 156MB WMV file in Sequence Editor 3.12.2 and when trying to save in new version during the Converting File stage it hangs about half way was as stated by another user. I converted other smaller files and those worked fine.

All of these files worked fine in my previous version of 3.7.

The reason I use WMV format is I need multi-channel audio.

I am running Win7 64-bit.

Thanks