Light-O-Rama Forums

1 channel constantly on

delanetbob

I used LOR1 for halloween with no problems (16 channels). I am running 64 channels for my christmas display and when the show starts channel 2 on controller 1 stays on all the time. Other than that my migration to LOR2 has been flawless and i'm enjoying the programming very much.

I would not know a triac if it bit me in the butt. But they do stick in the on position and the only way to fix it is replace it.

Try to reset controller first.

Pretty simple to do. Unplug from power and set dials to 0 then plug back in. Then unplug and set to your unit ID and plug back in. It is worth a try.

delanetbob wrote:

when the show starts channel 2 on controller 1 stays on all the time.

So your saying with no show running the problem channels is off?

This is not a stuck triac. A stuck triac would be on regardless what the show is doing.

This sounds very likely like a programming issue. either you have multiple lines assigned to the same same controller and channel, or you have a line that is on all the time, or you have something in like a background sequence and also trying to use it in the show.

Chuck

I was having a similar problem the last couple days. I reset the controller several times and the problem didn't go away. Today I reset the rest of the controllers and it cured the problem. Dan says that a controller in need of a reset can effect other controllers up and down the line. So try resetting all the controllers, not just the one that's acting up.

I did the re-set today with no luck, The 1 channel is constantly on. (when the song is playing). But, after re-reading the re-set instructions you guys say to unplug the controllers. re-set to 0, I only turned the unit off, didn't unplug. I'll try unplugging tomorrow.

delanetbob wrote:

I did the re-set today with no luck, The 1 channel is constantly on. (when the song is playing). But, after re-reading the re-set instructions you guys say to unplug the controllers. re-set to 0, I only turned the unit off, didn't unplug. I'll try unplugging tomorrow.

Most LOR controllers do not have an ON/OFF switch on them. Only the lastest generation of the LOR160x ShowTime controllers have the On/Off switich. There is no difference between unplugging it and turning off the switch.

If you have not done so already you should send an email to support@lightorama.com and tell them about this problem.

Dan

I did the re-set a few more times with no luck, So on 1 unit i have 1 channel constantly on and on another I have one channel that never comes on. For some reason I kept 3 spare channels not used just in case. I changed those non working correctly lights to those other channels, re-edited all my sequences to point to the new channels and everything works. Going live Friday night and feeling good about LOR2.