Light-O-Rama Forums

adapter not found in netwrk prfs

saxon

Hello-

I went to set up my new actidonglle and 3 channel board w/ some basic modules. I went to network pref and tried to select the entec adapter but all that were available were "none" or "A6X0GL1L". The entec-pro protocol selection was there,, Just not the adapter.

I have window 8.1, and run LOR regular network and E1.31 network.

What am I missing here - anyone? Any Ideas?

Thanks

~Matt

aww..maybe.

Tried it, didn't seem to work.

I watched holidaycoro video on setting up with lor, and he had the selection.

Thanks for your input Dennis 

I have 2 of the 27 ch. dumb rgb controllers. Set you 27ch controller to the first DMX channel you want to start with. Open LOR Seq editor. Sel Network Preferences. DMX tab, The same Universe that you have your controller set to. Select (Use Adapter), don't worry about the name that pops up in the adapter box. Select (Protocol) and choose ENTTEC DMX usb Pro.

Now you can open LOR SEQ editor. RT click to Insert a new RGB channel. Insert Multiple RGB channels. In this case 9. Click on the first one, you will see RGB Channel Settings, Change the name if needed. Select Device Type=DMX, the Network will insert Universe 1(change if needed). Click Circuit=your first DMX channel. (This should the the same channel as you have setup on the 27 ch controller.)

That it.

Ps  When testing, turn on Control Lights under the Play tab.

Sorry you said 3 channel controller. The network is the same and the LOR seq editor setup is the same. You will have only 1 RGB channel to set up.

I have tried that. You said to select "use adapter" and not worry about the name that pops up, so select the A6X0GL1L adapter?

I have my board dip switch to all off but #1, that should put me at channel 1,2,3.-i believe. My net pref set up unvrs 1 with protocol enttec pro> my "control lights" is checked. nothing.

I'm unfamiliar with this actidongle but, the green DMX signal light goes off and on in 10 second intervals. seems to me it is not getting signal or maybe its supposed do that - I don't know.

Thanks for your input nutjob

Yes, select the what ever is in the adapter name. I do no have my ActiDongle in the house. I will go find it tomorrow and hook it up. Let me do some testing and check back tomorrow.

This may not help here.......but somehow the dmx listener pane should be active.  I don't remember if I had to restart my computer ...........but somehow the "listener" needs to be turned on.

Steve 

Thanks steve - yeah, the com listener is listening, shows no errors and seems to have open the port for LOR and the dongle as well as my E131. I think  Dennis may be correct about the adapter being the one. Starting to look like a dongle issue.

Can anyone can tell me if the ActiDongle green DMX signal light is supposed to be on steady or on for 10 sec then off for 30sec?

I appreciate you doing that for me, nutjob. Yellow light steady on but green is on for 10 then off for 30 sec. Im waiting to her from Seller but it appears it is going back.

Thanks to all for your input.

~Matt