Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree Toppers and Stars

namecipS

I'm looking for some good options for Hook Toppers and stars for my mega tree.

I don't have a welder or I'd probably make my own.

I tried to order a topper from 3G Lighting Creations, but each time the order failed.  So I thought I'd do a little more searching and see what other options may be available while I wait for their response.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any vendors that sell a 6 channel wire frame star for a 12 CCR tree?

check out christmaslightshow.com   I have gotten a few different toppers from Darryl over there...very responsive

Darryl from ChristmasLightShow and Doug from Wire Frame D'Lites responded to my email promptly. Both didn't sell a 6 channel wire frame star. ChristmasLightShow does have a 36" 5 channel star frame only for $49.95 with rope kit light option for $69.95. Wire Frame D'Lites might be able to make one 30" for $70.00 if they can fit it into their busy schedule. Decision...

I made my own without any welding. I used 1/8 inch wire. It actually came out of an old fence. I made a template of a 5 pointed star and placed it on a piece of plywood. I then banged in nails at each point and bent the wire around the nails. Whern I got back to the start point I just taped the two ends together. I made three stars then slotted them together and used cable ties to hold them secure. To keep them at an equal distance I bent another piece of the wire around one point of each star to create a link and keep the distance equally. I then used a set of 35 count lights on each star so I can switch them on with a chase to make the star look like it is spinning. It was not too difficult

Hope this helps

Tony