Light-O-Rama Forums

static display

jml255

I Want my static portions of my display to turn on at the same time as my show,  what are the options to make this happen?

Unless you're willing to devote one or more channels to those static elements, I'd say timer(s) would be the best way to go.

George is correct, if you want LOR to turn them on, then you'll need to sacrifice a channel or quite a few channels depending on how many elements and current draw you have in the static portion.  

Otherwise, an outside timer{digital type would be preferable with a battery backup, it's what I use} would be your best option if you don't have any "spare" channels available to do this.

I Want my static portions of my display to turn on at the same time as my show,  what are the options to make this happen?

Check out the Background Sequence option of the Show Editor. But as previously mentioned you'd have to have the static lights connected to a controller still.

I also use the "background" portion of the show editor to run certain elements in a semi-static mode. I have them slowly fading off and on unless I actually command them in a sequence, then stop, they'll go back to their background programming after some number of seconds. Yes, it does consume some channels though.

look into the X10 control module timers, I use these for the static portion of my light show, example is my Yard Sign that I use for my display, using an X10 module I have the yard sign light on at 50% intensity

look into the X10 control module timers, I use these for the static portion of my light show, example is my Yard Sign that I use for my display, using an X10 module I have the yard sign light on at 50% intensity

When I am shopping for x10 what exactly do I need to interface with the computer?  

When I am shopping for x10 what exactly do I need to interface with the computer?  

LOR only works with the discontinued CM11A, which can be found on eBay and other places. It also requires a serial port, which you may not have on your modern computer. In this case you'll have to find a USB serial adapter that works.

post-8018-0-22246600-1409267436_thumb.jp In my controller setup i have a 120 volt timer supplying power to a 3 pole 40 amps per pole contactor located at bottom right of picture, once the timer turns on the contactor the whole display is on statics, LOR, everthing.

Edited by Godney

TIMER_zpse4940242.jpg

I agree with Godney - a timer is the way to go.

Statics turn on with timer & the LOR miniDirector starts all controllers.

Even when I'm late from work - show is on time...

Forgot to mention as Mega Arch did i am also using a mini director. So my system is totally stand - a - lone.

Edited by Godney