Light-O-Rama Forums

Yet more shoddy service - when will it end?

George Simmons

This is just unbelievable. I placed an order yesterday afternoon - make that LATE yesterday afternoon - and I had to wait until early this morning before getting a tracking number. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!! I remember when LOR was a very responsive company and it seemed they couldn't wait to take care of their customers in a timely manner.

Mark my words - if this company doesn't soon improve their service they won't be in business very much longer.  ;)

Edited by George Simmons

Ya, I don't know why you even use their stuff. Especially with your crappy display.  You could just use a couple of Clappers.

You would never catch me using their stuff.

;-/ ;)

Ignore the signature below.  I may have used it once, but I didn't inhale.

Edited by Brian Mitchell

;-/ ;)

Ignore the signature below.  I may have used it once, but I didn't inhale.

LMAOROF!   LOL  Didn't inhale..

Adding, subtracting, modifying... there's always change from year to year. Helps keep me from getting bored.

Since some think my info is incorrect, it has been removed.

Edited by Orville

Well I have to say the tracking number not showing up 'til the next morning was not LOR's fault.

You know that actually falls on the shipping company driver entering things when they {UPS, FEDEX, USPS} pick up the shipment for delivery to a customer, since they are the ones that would initiate the tracking number that is sent to the customer, usually not the company{LOR in this instance}.  

Worked for UPS data center for less than a week and quit, have to say worst place I'd ever worked at.  Worked for FEDEX data center as well, was there for about 3 months as a temp, much nicer than UPS!

But no matter how good a companies shipping department may be, the shipper does not invoke the tracking numbers, the company that picks up and delivers the product from said company does.  

Tracking numbers ARE NOT generated until the shipping company LOR is using picks up the item to be delivered and scans it in using their hand scanner, which then sends the tracking number out to usually both LOR and the customer, although some companies have it set up for them to get it, then they send it out to the customer, most do the former.  

And since you stated you ordered late in the evening, which could be past the time for their pick ups the same day you ordered, tracking number wouldn't be generated until package is in the shipping companies control, whether UPS, FEDEX or USPS, which could be early the next day or later, depending on their pick up schedule from UPS or whatever carrier that will be making the delivery..

Sorry George, I think you're barking at the wrong folks here, as again, LOR has no control over what the shipping company does or when that tracking number is generated.

And having worked in many shipping and receiving departments, I don't know of a single company that generated tracking numbers in-house, even if they were personally making the delivery in a company car, then it's just an invoice or internal company number issued, never called a tracking number in those cases.

So I think LOR is getting a bad rap here over something they have absolutely no real control over.

Um. Orville? I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, this is incorrect.

Shipping/Tracking numbers are generated when the order is placed for shipment. I could, if I wanted to, send something to you right now, and have the tracking number sent to you via email within minutes. That would be long before UPS were to pick up the shipment to send it to you.

You may have worked for a UPS Data Center, and may have worked in many shipping and receiving departments. However, the information you posted is incorrect.

And, for the record, George was displaying is dry sense of humor. (Well done, George.)

Thanks Don.

It wasn't a situation where I even thought about reeling someone in.  (Although for anyone keeping score, it still counts.) 

Presuming I'm not the only person ordering things from LOR during the sale, and presuming they didn't have people standing by just in case I DID happen to order something this week, I was genuinely impressed with the speed in which they got the order out the door. 

I apologize to anyone who didn't read that between the lines.

The danger of posting a thread like this is that it will be taken out of context by a Yeller

How could they miss the little sarcasm smiley.  ;)

The danger of posting a thread like this is that it will be taken out of context by a Yeller

Orville doesn't get sarcasm, flies 50 feet over his head lol

I've been requested to post the following:

Be cool folks. No need to get personal. Written communication sometimes lacks correct inflection.

Actually I have to defend Orv a little bit - I added that smiley after seeing how he went off.

Since I wasn't doing any fishing in the first place, I didn't want anyone else flopping around in the bottom of the boat.