Light-O-Rama Forums

Text in Superstar

msteiner57

I am having a problem with text in the Superstar sequencer. I am inputing scrolling text into a sequence and in some areas it is cutting the text short, not showing the whole spelling of words for the timing. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I ran into issues last year for a client with this.

One of the settings in the Text Setup box is under Text Action "x,y" The "Start" and "End" refer to the location of the text where it stop/starts. If the last box in the end section is -150, try changing it to -180 or higher. This will affect the start/stop position of the text.

Brian will probably chime in and explain it better than I can. That, however, should get you going in the right direction.

Thanks a million Don, that took care of the problem. It was hard enough for me just getting the text to scroll down at the bottom in a custom mode. I played around long enough with the x's and y's before I asked for help. Had the text going all over the place, but just not completely spelled out. 

I'll tell you what, this is one great place because someone always has an answer.

Thanks again

Don's comment is a good one. Another thing to note is that if you type in text and then click on the "Left" button the software calculates the x,y coordinates that should make the text travel through the display. However, if you then type in different text, it does not re-calculate the x,y coordinates. The calculation is done at the time that you click on the "Left" button. So if you are having trouble with what you describe you can click on the "Left" button and then click on the "modify" button. If that doesn't fix it then changing the coordinate manually as Don described is the thing to do.

Thanks Brian. I will keep this in mind the next time I need to use text. It never entered my mind that when entering new text I would need to (re set) calculate the setting all over again. 

Love the software. Cant wait until we will be able to input clipart or gif's, etc because an artist I am not.

Thanks again