Light-O-Rama Forums

DIYLED EXPRESS?

habmann

Has anyone had any contact with the guys at DIY LED Express lately?

I placed an order during their presale over a month ago and haven't heard anything from them. I know it can take some time to get things after the presale closes, but I've emailed a few times just trying to get an idea of when things might be shipping and haven't received an answer to date.

Thanks

I would suggest sending a PM to dlovely on the doityourselfchristmas.com forums. He is pretty responsive.

I ordered some boxes earlier this month and had them within a week; have not had problems in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

I did have an issue with not receiving an email as well. I did contact them via facebook though

I ordered some stuff from them about a week ago! Dave even e-mailed me within 10 minutes of placing the order, asking if I needed anymore of the items. I got my stuff in about 5 days!

There was an update on Facebook I think yesterday. Boat is leaving next week, 20 days ocean time to Port and a few days to their shop. Shipping as soon as it's sorted. Looks like about another month out if I would guess

Edited by Ron Boyd

• 4 weeks later...

I received a email from Todd at DIYLED on Sept 3rd stating the ship was delayed by Chinese customs but is on the way. He said he expects it to arrive in 3 weeks. :-(

Also having some delays:

From Brian at Holiday Light Express states: "At this point the container ETA is the week of Sept 22nd. It's on the water now, and hopefully we can go through customs at a reasonable speed." 

Definitely not good news. I was planning on assembling my new pieces in October, looks like that might get pushed back. 

And of course my new Sandevice controller showed up today but I've got nothing to connect to it :(

oh bummer, I need a power supply in the diyledexpress order, hmm, might be figuring out a plan B with a falcon 12v computer supply converter.

If your order has multiple items they might ship out what they have for you from existing stock. Thats what there doing for me. The enclosures + 3 core connectors are in transit now. The pixabulbs + stobes will be shipped when they get them. 

Diy screwed up my order. They sent me 4 pin core connectors instead of the 3 core that I ordered and clearly states on my invoice.

I tried for three days to contact them and they have not replyed back to any of my request, not one. I sent one each of the last 3 days.

There is no phone number so I am left hanging on what to do. Did anyone have to contact there credit card company to recind the payment?

I really want the cords though.

Todd from Diy express called me and said they will ship the right cords in 3 weeks when their shipment arrives.

I had the same issue with them returning emails. I realize they are busy this time of year so I can understand a little. they did send me a notice and my order will be here tomorrow  so all is good

I have a quote from Todd at DIY Express. "He was out of town on business for his full time job and his DIY Express is a part time business that is why he didn't reply to my emails"

That explains the communication problems. The end results are I will get the right cords when the ship comes in, in 3 weeks.

I hope this helps the people who are wondering where their product is and when they will get it.

• 3 weeks later...

Todd emailed me today to say that the shipment will be in on Thursday or Friday ( Oct 9 or 10th).