Light-O-Rama Forums

Showtime Mobile APP Posable?

1825Lights

Hello, I have been using Light O Rama and Showtime for 4 years now known about 5 and have been wondering if it would be possible for Light O Rama to make a mobile app for tablets for programming on the go, for like on long road trips or plane rides. would tablets be powerful enough to run it? I be willing to pay like 50 to 80 bucks for it. Any comments from Light O Rama or other users welcome and appreciated!

Your Newest Forum Member

Justin

P.S. never trust Siri speech to text

Edited by 1825Lights

Welcome Justin.      Your idea may get attention if you email it here wishlist@lightorama.com

I would  certainly like to see an iPad app that would let us run the shows from our showtime computer while we are out in the yard watching it all happen.  It would be nice to start, stop, make minor changes and such while walking around out in the display itself without having to set up a table and tent and computers and such.

And like you said Justin, to be able to work on sequencing and visualizations while away from the main computer setup.

I vote YES please.

I have been working all weekend on sequences and channel configurations on my tablet. It is a Dell Venue 8 Pro.  I'm really impressed with what it can do. 

I was able to get quite a bit done this weekend sequencing on the tablet.  I also stated keeping my sequences on the cloud.  I was amazed how seamless it was to go from the tablet to my main setup with dual screens with a sequence.  Here is a picture of the tablet out on the deck while I was waiting for the charcoal to get going.

post-9688-0-64618100-1407128385_thumb.jp

I was able to get quite a bit done this weekend sequencing on the tablet.  I also stated keeping my sequences on the cloud.  I was amazed how seamless it was to go from the tablet to my main setup with dual screens with a sequence.  Here is a picture of the tablet out on the deck while I was waiting for the charcoal to get going.

I like your setup except for choice of beverage :)

Thanks.  I had a few places to go that afternoon but I got caught up on the drinks later that evening :D

If I had to guess, and mind you it's only a guess, any such app would be a long time coming.

I think the PC based software is a little higher on their list right now.

Are you looking at a complete sequencer as an app,   or an app that would allow you to play specific songs (already sequenced) on demand?

Hello Light enthusiasts with an Ipad,

Would an app with the functionality of the hardware util to test channels ( not all functions like firmware, etc )  and if possible combined with the functionality of SACNview more than enough for a start?

I myself am not a software guru, but I know some who are always in for a new challenge.  ( IOS )

I might drop a question with them?

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands