Light-O-Rama Forums

Light display pattern

kirkmbrown2001

What pattern should I use to connect my lights to my lor controller. Some people go from top to the right and then the bottom to the left. I have so sequences I bought so I don't know which pattern will look best. My current pattern I had in mind is to start from the top down going left to right. Your opinions please.

Thanks,

Kirk Brown

Not sure I understand your question. I assign my controller channels to that I can use the least extension cords possible. I added 32 channels this year and used about 15 less 50 and 100ft cords by changing channel assignments.

daniel wrote:

If you are talking about the sequence editor, then I like to sequence like the top of the grid is the right, and the bottom, is the left.

My sequence editor rows aren't in any particular order (except basically the order I added stuff over the years, since moving rows is hard in LOR I). But when I have a row of stuff, like our mini-trees, I put the leftmost one at the top. As such, most of my chases end up being left-to-right, because I usually start clicking from the top...

-Tim