Light-O-Rama Forums

Ok, what am I doing wrong?

Drac

Hello all,

Got my controllers in a couple weeks ago.  Got the adapter in.  Hooked up every thing and ran tests on the ports.  All 32 work fine.  Ran a sequence with just a string of lights on each port and worked fine by just playing to song in the Sequence Editor.

Went to set up the Halloween display to see how it would look in real life.  Got everything hooked up but nothing happened when I went to play through Sequence Editor just like before.  I went in to the Hardware to make sure nothing had went wrong.  Turned up all the lights to 100%, everyone looking good.  Went back to play and nothing.

Any help on what I did wrong/missed?

Thanks,

Jim

Sounds like a config file issue perhaps.  Just not enough info here to be of much help

Sounds like a config file issue perhaps.  Just not enough info here to be of much help

What info do you need?

Jim

Try this.. first close the Hardware Unit..  Then go into the Sequence Editor and clip on "Play" on the tool bar.  (Next to "Tools")  You will get a drop down menu. Find "Control Lights" and make sure it has a check mark by it.  If not, click on it and a check should appear.  then try it..

If that doesn't work then more info is needed..

Yep. that was the fix.  Goes off every time I either turn on the hardware function (for light testing) or turn the program on and off.

Thanks,

Jim

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Sequence Editor and the Hardware Utility can't both be open at the same time and trying to control lights. One or the other will throw you an error message if you try.