Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Sequencing, No Intensity settings?

ThatDJTroy

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've posted anything.

This will be our third year having a show -so hopefully I've graduated from "newbie" status.  :D

I am switching out about half of our incans to RGB strips and nodes this year.  <- So Excited.

I just recently started sequencing for this year's show, and am still learning the RGB part. One thing I have already come across is it appears there is no such thing as intensity levels/settings with RGBs? Am I correct??  :o (But hoping I am wrong and just haven't found the tool)

Additionally, it took some trial and error to find the fade "tool" as well. I originally started with said color; we'll say yellow for example, and then right clicked in the section I wanted to fade and chose the "Fade" option. However, that changed the selection to a white fade out. After trying repeatedly to no avail, I just started using yellow to black, hoping it acheives a fade out.

Is there not a way to fade said color as you do with regular non-RGB channels?  Or is fading from 'color' to black the only option? And will that be a TRUE fade? 

I haven't received my RGBs yet to test them against what I'm sequencing, so I appreciate any help and tips!

Thanks in advance!!

-Troy

www.facebook.com/LATQ1

Try this video .      EDIT:     Jumped too soon. I thought this would show the opened pixel group.    The intensity  level of the R  G and B makes the color.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Hey Bob,

Yeah -I watched this video just to make sure I hadn't missed something. But it's only Fades & Intensities for "regular" channels.  :(

Using fades and intensities with RGB channels is pretty much the same as for non-RGB. The difference is that you've occasionally got to open up the RGB channel and work with each color individually. Once you've achieved your objective, then copy and paste into other RGB channels as needed/desired.

Personally I just use the color fade tool. Find the colors you want to use and save them in custom colors and to fade just choose black on the outgoing color for fade out and the incoming color for fade in.

Color fade is much easier than trying to control each r, g, b channels for me.

Also, this being your first year, be sure to test your colors before settling. Yellow will be more green than you expect as an example. It won't match up to your visualizer for sure. I can live with the slight color differences but I was surprised when I first saw it.

Troy, I think I know what your talking about. In some sequences I only want my Purple RGB fade to go from 100% to 50% and when You use the color fade tool you have to go from Purple to black for the fading effect but the problem is with the color fade tool only haveing one fading option that is 100% to 0% intensity. So now to get fade I want I have to find the color mix of RGB that makes the purple I am using. 

Red 128 intensity

Green 0

Blue 64

so now I open each RGB channel and Have to fade only the red channel from 128 to 64 intensity and the do the same for the blue channel from 64 to 32 intensity, 

This has been the only way I have found to do custom color fades of less then 100% to 0% fade out or in. If any of you seasoned veterans with LOR/RGB Know a short cut feel free to share please. 

answering your question, the color fade tool going from a color to black is a true fade out. 

Edited by Box on Rails

Thanks all!

Yes, everything I've read has said to test YOUR RGB strip/node against the sequence to see the true color.  Unfortunately, I don't have my RGBs yet, so I'm reluctant to even bother trying any more RGB variations, fades, intensities, etc (outside of the Red, Green, and Blue) until I receive mine.

Sure looks really pretty in the Visualizer though!  :D

• Like 1

Personally I just use the color fade tool. Find the colors you want to use and save them in custom colors and to fade just choose black on the outgoing color for fade out and the incoming color for fade in.

Color fade is much easier than trying to control each r, g, b channels for me.

Also, this being your first year, be sure to test your colors before settling. Yellow will be more green than you expect as an example. It won't match up to your visualizer for sure. I can live with the slight color differences but I was surprised when I first saw it.

Ditto what he said; you even in Super Star, you play with the black levels as a color to do a fade; works great

Hello all,

This is how I try to perform fades within the same color, which goes from 100 to 50  in this case

I create a full color, and with foreground effects on I create a fade  100 to 50, then a part a custom intensity 50,  and a fade back to 100 again. And I do not have to open the rgb channels this way, as I did now to show what it is doing.

an other option could be setting the color, a bit later in timng setting a small part with the same color, but with foreground  and custom intensity set this small part to 50 , and with using the fill tool in the part between the part  with 100 and the part with 50 intensity. same effect.

To create a fade  with the color tool from 100 to 50 takes more time I think.

It works for me ok this way most of the time.

Dick

The Netherlands

post-7676-0-96994500-1405247397_thumb.jp

To fade from 100%- 50%, I just color fade from my original color to black for twice as long as I need the fade to last, then turn off the last half of the fade. If you don't have room in your sequence to do a fade twice as long as needed (have other sequencing in the way), create a dummy RGB channel in another track and follow this method, then copy/paste where you need it.

Easiest way I have found...

-Paul

Problem solved....Paul that is to simple. That's why I missed it.  Just have to do the math for how long I want the fade in or out to be.