Light-O-Rama Forums

Radio Mounted In Prop

KStatefan

I am working on a haloween prop and would like a small radio that I can mount in the prop and power external speakers.  Does any one have any sugestions? 

I used a cheap small boom box with a mini plug aux input and ran a cable straight from my pc. I think I paid less than $10 for a 25' cable on ebay. You can wrap it in a trash bag and still get as good as sound as you need.

Papa

I have some good outdoor speakers. I do not want to run speaker cables all the way back to the house.  Just looking for something I could mount in the same enclosure as the controller.

I have some good outdoor speakers. I do not want to run speaker cables all the way back to the house.  Just looking for something I could mount in the same enclosure as the controller.

If you hunt around pawn shops you will probably find some wireless mic kits in the music sections, many of them will accept an instrument (like a guitar) instead of a mic.Then you can plug your audio source into the transmitter, and your speakers into the receiver. There are all kinds of prices and quality, some of which can be battery powered on both the sender and receiver.

I just use my FM XMTR and send the signal to a cheap FM radio that could be mounted inside a prop or box with and connect my speakers to it directly.

• The topic was locked