Light-O-Rama Forums

Tuning (calibrating) lamps/output - Can LOR do this?

bphynes

Is it possible to adjust the output of a particular channel across an entire sequence?

One set of RGB lights that I have has a weaker "red" than another. Rather than adjusting each level in the Sequence, can I scale-up or scale-down the channel? Alternatively, if I have to edit the sequence, can I select an entire range of cells and do something like "reduce by 20%"? This fixture is used in a flame sequence, so it would be hundreds of manual edits.

This feature is fairly common in theatrical or stage lighting controls (for example, I also use Venue Magic, and it does so easily).

Thanks!

bph

I've been wanting a feature like this for a long time.  I don't know of a way to do it using LOR tools though.  Someday I may update my channel changer program (LOR2DMX)  to do this, but it will be a lot of additional work.

I sure could have used this on my project in Canada.  I had to go in and manually change levels thru the program.. it was a biatch

I am contemplating writing something to edit the XML. That would be less work. :)

Or, converting the LAS to another format that one of my other programs can read, editing the levels, and seeing if I can convert it back.

Sigh.