Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Freezes on only one sequence

Ralph A

I can't figure out why my visualizer locks down on only one of my songs.  I have done the usual close the visualizer and reopen.  It plays for a bit and freezes again.  Must force the program to close (i.e. the visualizer) I have also tried closing and reopening the SE, and rebooting the computer.  Still freezes, but only on that one song/sequence.  I have about 7 other sequences that work fine in the visualizer.   I am using MP3, files.  I remember years ago they use to recommend only using wave files may try that next.

Any one had this happen?  Almost sounds like a corrupted file of some sort?

Puzzled?

I've had this happen as well, always with the same song. After accidentally deleting the audio file and having to get a new mp3 all my issues went away. How that is connected to visualizer I have no clue but it worked for me

I've had this happen as well, always with the same song. After accidentally deleting the audio file and having to get a new mp3 all my issues went away. How that is connected to visualizer I have no clue but it worked for me

Thanks for that info!  I did try that and had the same result.  I have now opened a help ticked and see what we can learn.  Will post the results.

Mine will freeze to and cause me to fully shut down LOR and restart. Many times I will open LOR and surf the net then come back to the sequence when it freezes up. I think it has something to do with the sound card connection. Not sure but is my guess. 

Jeff

Thank you Jeff. Sent Mike the file.  He will get back to me.  I have tried all I know at this point.  Probably something small I overlooked.

I can load up a sequence with rgb and it will skip and pause a lot. if you ever run into this just uncheck some stuff in your play drop down.

• 2 months later...

I have unchecked everything in play except "Control lights", but yet the lights stutters and freezes. I have only a 16CCR tree connected divided on AUX A and AUX B. I have not yet tried to replace the MP3 file, as I only have one of each song, but don't think the MP3 is the problem, as it happens both the songs I have bought CCR Superstar sequence. Any suggestions?