Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there an "all on" function?

fearthisinc

I am looking into purchasing the pro kit and was reading through the manual but can't seem to find anything regarding the modes of operation.. I like the idea of putting on a show but is there an "all on" function?  For example is there a switch that will go from doing the sequences to just having all the lights stay on?

Not that I know of but if you wanted to use your controller for that you could turn the channels on in the hardware utility but you can only turn on one controllers worth of channels at once....

I usually make an all on New Animation Sequence (no music) or you can make a "all on sequence" even if you want music. Then all the lights stay on & if you have a 2, 3 or 4 colour display then you can have the sequence go from one colour to the other. You can have it run continuously.  That is how I do it & then the whole display runs with all the lights on or switching colours.

Edited by lightzilla

If you use the Simple Show Builder, it will give you the option to turn on the lights between shows.

My display would be too bright to just have all lights on for a long period of time. B)

Jim has a good point too. Long period of "full power" can warm up some cords, light fixtures/lights or breakers. Just a thought.

Edited by Santas Helper

just be careful of current loads when "all on"

That can be true. That is one reason I use Leds. I can have them "all on" no problem.

My display would be too bright to just have all lights on for a long period of time. B)

That is why you would want them all on at the same time for the folks up in those jet airliners to see your display. :)

That is why you would want them all on at the same time for the folks up in those jet airliners to see your display. :)

Funny you say that. I live about 2 miles from the airport and one of the flight paths is pretty much over my house.

Traffic seems to be picking up in past years for some reason LOL :D

I might need to put a big red "X" on my roof. :lol:

just be careful of current loads when "all on"

One year, my neighbor asked: "What does it look like if you turn everything on at once?"

So I did. It looked very bright, for about 10 seconds. Then there was a "clunk" as the circuit breaker tripped.