Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP 100 help.

Box on Rails

Hello LOR friends. Got an issue with the visualizer. I have 2 sets of LOR Cosmic Color Pixels each have two 50 pixel strands 100 each, for a total of 200 pixels. I have them set up in the configuration file as controllers 0A and 0B. each controller has 300 addresses controller 0A goes from channel 0A 01 to 0A 300 and controller 0B one to 300 also. that means I need a CCP/CCR set in the Visualizer that has 100 pixels per controller and it only is allowing me a total 50 pixels per controller. My solution for this fix is I have added mirror RGB channels in my sequences that I send to the visualizer that are four 50 pixels virtual controllers. They are controller 1A,1B, 1C and 1D. I copy and paste the 300 RGB channels to these four virtual controller and I get a visualization of how the CCPs will look. My question is does the Visualizer have any way to allow for more then 50 pixels per controller. I have tried everything I know and either I'm missing something or this feature does not exist. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance... Kenny 

The best way to do this is this:

Assume these will be made into arches. Set up the CCPs like they will be setup in real life:

Example: In the visualizer:

Pixel 50-->Pixel 1-->CCP Controller # 1-->Pixel 1-->Pixel 50

Set up the first unit as Unit 0A and the second string as Unit 0B for the second string. On the second controller, Set up the first unit as Unit 0C and Unit 0D for the second string

Unit 0A and 0C will have the controller selected on the right side, 0B and 0D on the left side. 

In the Sequence editor, Set each CCP as:

Under the "Type" heading, select: CCB with 2 strings

Under the "Base Unit ID" heading, select Native mode (single unit ID) and then in the column for "Unit ID for CCB String 2" select String 2 has it's own Unit ID (Native mode Unit ID + 1)

I created a couple of videos and will load them in my dropbox. I'll provide a link when they have loaded. There is no sound with them, but it goes along with what is explained above.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/810iooqwhmdlkwm/Adding%20CCPs%20to%20Sequence%20Editor.avi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr1zolv9rm91tua/Adding%20CCPs%20to%20Visualizer.avi

Edited by Ron Boyd
  • Like 1

I get what your saying, I have tried that so to speak, and that works for using the visualizer but won't the CCP controller need to be reset to the new Dual ID number for each pixel string of 50. 

right now my first controller is set to 0A for 100 pixels and the second is 0B for 100 pixels. I might be wrong here but if I change the first 100 pixels into 2 50 pixels controlled by unit IDs 0A & 0B in the sequence editor then the controller 0A itself will only recognize the first 50 pixels and not the second 50 pixels because the second group of pixels are now assigned to a different unit. ID. I have not tried to split the single controller into 2 unit ID numbers for each string of 50 yet, my new question is Can that split be done? 

My lighting consists of 4 sets of CCPs. I have 8 total strings and 8 total unit ID #s. When I build them in the visualizer, they are 8 different CCR's.

I set up the controllers as "unit 1, 3, 5 and 7. Unit IDs 2, 4, 6 and 8 are string 2 of each controller.

I'll have to hook up one of my controllers to get the exact procedure. I can't remember right off the top of my head how to set them up. Let me do that when I get home if I don't forget. Maybe someone will chime in that has some set up. I won't be home til around 5 this evening.

so you can split a CCP controller into 2 Virtual controllers with 2 seperate unit ID numbers. Cool that would solve my problem. thanks Ron.

Edited by Box on Rails

so you can split a CCP controller into 2 Virtual controllers with 2 seperate unit ID numbers. Cool that would solve my problem. thanks Ron.

Yup this is how Ron helped me set mine up. Then when you add them to the sequencer you need to figure out how your going to number the channels. I ordered mine 1-50, last bulb #1,left to right on one string and 1-50, 1st bulb #1 on the other side to make it act like one string of lights

• Like 1

So having just one set of CCP's I would like to make 4 of 25 count arches, how do I set this up? Do I have 2 controllers controlling 2 arches each?

Edited by worksopian

So having just one set of CCP's I would like to make 4 of 25 count arches, how do I set this up? Do I have 2 controllers controlling 2 arches each?

I had 4 arches last year and only 1 set of CCPs. Each arch consisted of 25 pixels each.Send me a PM and I'll send you the visualizer file of the arches later today. 

• Like 1

Set your controller to duel mode and follow the above instructions.

I tried that and couldn't get the arches to show when i ran a song or animation.

I had 4 arches last year and only 1 set of CCPs. Each arch consisted of 25 pixels each.Send me a PM and I'll send you the visualizer file of the arches later today. 

Pm Sent,

Thanks for your help

Steve