Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 crashes when trying to lengthen a sequence

plasmadrive

Every time I try to lengthen a sequence and I try to slide the time line to the right it locks up and crashes.  Shortening is fine.. Lengthening is all bad.

More info.. I use a short sequence for a templet, I remove all my previous cues and so on.. then I start adding what I want for the new sequence,.. I find I need to lengthen.. so that is where it locks up and crashes..

Edited by plasmadrive

Hmmm. I just tried it with one of my older sequences and didn't have a problem. running v3.11.2.  Did you try and change the total time in the edit drop down menu?

Hmmm. I just tried it with one of my older sequences and didn't have a problem. running v3.11.2.  Did you try and change the total time in the edit drop down menu?

Yes, that is the only place I know of to change it.  It has happened to me several times now.. I have no idea why if yours doesn't do it.  I am also running v3.11.2 advanced.  I can shorten them ok.. it only happens like I explained above.

I just tried it without doing any editing of a previous sequence and had no problem.   Not sure why the editing would have anything to do with it but for some reason it seems to.  I will see if I can duplicate it yet again later when I have some time.

Thanks for trying yours..

Edited by plasmadrive

have you applied the 6 gig patch?  When your files get bigger you start running into memory issues.  This patch (you apply to the .exe) helps with some of these issues. You have to re-apply when you get a new .exe     http://ntcore.com/4gb patch.php

I have the patch but I don't think it is a memory issue.. but I hadn't thought of that.. My sequences are somewhere around 54meg.. lots of room for holding on to previous... but I will see if I can figure that into the equation when I return.