Light-O-Rama Forums

Wiring RGB Pixel Nodes and they dont light up?

Big Sanch Mafia

Then I may have made a mistake earlier in telling you the power supply would be fine. The power supply voltage going into the controller needs to match the pixel voltage. I'm going to send you a PM.

im using 12v power supply to the controller... strings are 5v

I was using a cell phone charger that is 5v and wasnt getting any power to the strings...

Cell Phone Charger????  doenst have enough ass to power s string of pixels.. maybe 1... but thats it...  get a REAL switching power supply!!

Hope you didn't purchase these items on the "presale" .   Great benefits if you did.....Taillight warranty .  $60 an hour for his tech support....Yea  he will get you all fixed up..

Besides  this is the LOR forums..these are not LOR products  .HolidayCoro has a forum on the website...best tech support money can buy <sarcasm>.

Do you go to the Best Buy website to get help with something you purchased at Walmart???

Hope you didn't purchase these items on the "presale" .   Great benefits if you did.....Taillight warranty .  $60 an hour for his tech support....Yea  he will get you all fixed up..

Besides  this is the LOR forums..these are not LOR products  .HolidayCoro has a forum on the website...best tech support money can buy <sarcasm>.

Do you go to the Best Buy website to get help with something you purchased at Walmart???

come on man.. calm down. The whole point of this site and community is for postive feedback and building relationships. I dont blast you or the people you buy from. I've had no issues with Coro, sounds like you have.

I would appreiate positive feedback and if you cant provide that than dont chime in.

I own plenty of LOR products.. hence why they allowed the thread to go through.

Good Talk

• Like 1

We provide a warranty on all our products (varies by product, all are clearly listed) - I'm unsure as to why it was referenced as a "tail light warranty".  We do NOT charge $60 for tech support - support is always provided free of charge.  We do charge $60 (refundable with purchase) for a one hour, personalized consultation with customers that have unique custom design needs but that is again refunded with purchase and completely optional.  Other vendors offset these types of costs but strive to be a value cost vendor.

We understand that customers have different preferences for support - some seek it on familiar forums they frequent and others call our support number, email us directly, use our instant chat or submit a CRM ticket - we are happy to work with customers in the manner that works best for them.  Of course we also understand that this is the LOR support forum, a vendor for which we complete with and generally would recommend working directly with us to get the fastest answer to their questions.

Chad - we will contact you via email to continue this support and get you setup and working.  Don't worry - pixels can be a bit complicated at first but before you know it, you'll have them running without issue.

Thank you,

David

HolidayCoro.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to update everyone on this thread. The long of the short is that i ended up blowing the first pixel on two strings. I made a dumb move and used a 12v power supply on a 5v pixel string. it was a learning curve but i learned from it. I also learned a great deal from this with some of the above posts to look out for in the future. So instead of a 50 node string, i have 49.. no biggie, live and learn.

I also wanted to update you all on my experience with Holiday Coro because not only above but I've seen other posts on Xmas forums that didn't seem pleased with HC. I have placed 4 separate orders with HC and have been very happy every time. They have very speedy shipping and fair prices. A major part of why i use them is the fact that they create and post videos. As well as several educational blog post. Sure you can google or youtube this stuff, but its much easier finding it all in one place. I know this is an LOR forum and I don't want to jeopardize their business, feel free to PM if you would like to discuss further..

Last but not least regarding the support from David at HC was great. I went back and forth through about 5 emails with him, until we discovered the root of my issue. He never left me hanging. All in all this whole scenario turned out to be a great learning lesson and I hope you guys were able to pick up a few things off it.

Thanks Chad

good to hear that you got it sorted out.  big learning curve for diy pixels. your well on you way. btw Christmas is approaching fast

Hell I would have been one of those who gave you some stuff about what you where doing. But as you pointed out. Sometimes lessons cost you. But I doubt you will use a 12V Power Supply to power up a 5V strips. I also bet you pause and take a minute to figure out how much current your lights need and get a power supply rated for that amount if not more. This hobby takes a bit more thinking it out than just throwing just any thing you have on hand into the mix.

Just speaking to everyone in general. This hobby requires some thinking. Not for the faint at heart. Requires the use of that gray matter between the ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chad,

I picked up one of the EasyPix controllers. I think I'll use it as a test controller and continue to use my TinyPix controllers with the show.

That gray matter between the ears Max-Paul mentioned sometimes don't work for me and I mis-place the programmer cord for the TinyPix. Since I don't need the programmer with the EasyPix, it will help with not taxing my brain too much.

Glad you got everything worked out.

Ron

You know what I am saying is true Ron. Cant just start throwing [Foul Language Used] together and expect it to work. Got to read, identify what requirements the lights have. And identify other components that match up or can supply the resources that is needed by the lights and controllers. Hence the use of the gray matter.

Anyone can do this. But it takes time and note to make it happen. AKA not faint at heart.

Ron your a character ;) .

Agreed Max. Last year with my major undertaking of mostly pixels, I already had a year under my belt with a few from the year before. I studied E1.31 for about 2-3 months, and, had help from a bunch of folks. Can't expect to plan to do it this late in the year and have something to be proud of. It takes time, and unfortunately, lots of it.  

• Like 1