Light-O-Rama Forums

Flat node pixel strings

Big Sanch Mafia

Anyone use the flat node pixel string? I saw them for the first time here

http://www.holidaycoro.com/2811-8mm-Lay-Flat-Square-Pixels-p/672-ps.htm

They seem like they would work well for the roof outline. Even around doors and windows.

Wondering how they stack up versus standard pixels?

I appreciate your feedback

Thanks Chad

I am planning on using these same pixels. They are commonly referred to as WS2811 square pixels. If you search on square pixels, you will find a lot of posts on the forums about them.

I can't give much advice or feedback on them, as I have not yet mounted or used them myself. But I have read a lot of good things about them and tehy do give you a lot of options.

One consideration...you may want to look into getting 12v rather than 5v. While the 12v do waste more power, they are much more forgiving with voltage drop and will help you avoid having to inject power over much greater distances.

Good luck!

-Paul

Keep in mind Holidaycoro's warranty on presale items.....read all the fine print!!

Holy cow! Just for giggles I checked the warranty terms. By the time I got through reading all the things that are NOT covered by warranty I was left wondering just what IS covered. And for a whopping 60 days! I can't recall ever being punished by taking advantage of sale prices like this by any other vendor.

Read the fine print indeed... definitely a buyer beware situation!

Keep in mind Holidaycoro's warranty on presale items.....read all the fine print!!

well maybe its better to buy them after the sale then..they should go up in price a bit.

I've bought a few items from them and everything has been fine, however is freaky to read all that.

wither i buy them or not, anyone else have any experience with the flat nodes?

I've used that flat types from China vendor direct with no worries. Used 1200 of them on my tree with only 1 bad pixel. I live in Maine and we get a ton of snow, rain, ice and wind all winter and tree was working when I got to put it away in April (6 months after I put it outside).

• Like 1