Light-O-Rama Forums

Twinkle/Shimmer Fading

markha1

OK I have been doing this for a few years now and I feel like a total ID-10T for asking, however here we go!

How do I get the Twinkle and Shimmer to Fade up and down. I don't seem to remember how it is done!

Old age is creeping in   :wub:  and time is short.

Thanks !!

Mark H :D

In your tool bar at the top of SE there is a yellow star, customs settings.  Click the star, then click the twinkle or shimmer, next to it, with the star in the corner.  Right next to those are the fade up and down buttons with the little star in the corner.

Edited by 75redman

Egaddd :wacko: it was simpler that I thought! Anyone have any industrial size Ginkgo Biloba !

:wacko: it was simpler that I thought!

Or maybe you're farther gone than you thought... :D :D :D

You can also use the 'f' (fade) key to fade a twinkle or shimmer. In many cases that may be easier.

You can also use the 'f' (fade) key to fade a twinkle or shimmer. In many cases that may be easier.

Unless you're one of us crusty old-timers who've re-mapped the "f" key back to OFF...

I've got to add to the questions...how do we do a custom fade up or down to specific intensities using the twinkle? I know I've done it but darn if I can't figure out each time how I managed it. Such as a twinkle fading up from %0 to %50???

I've got to add to the questions...how do we do a custom fade up or down to specific intensities using the twinkle? I know I've done it but darn if I can't figure out each time how I managed it. Such as a twinkle fading up from %0 to %50???

Quick and dirty way:

1. Move to the 3rd cell (from the start of the sequence) and make it twinkle ('t').
  2. Move to the 2nd cell and do a fade ('f'). Now the twinkle will go from 0 at the start of cell 1 to 100 and the end of cell 2.
  3. Turn cells 2 and 3 off ('del').

Now you have twinkle fade from 0% to 50% in cell 1, and you did it using maybe 6 key presses, or 3 key presses and some mouse clicks.

The "Right" way:

1. Click on the star ('Custom'); then 'Custom: Twinkle'; then 'Custom: Fade Up'.
  2. Click on 'Fade Tool Settings/Options'; Select 0-50 in the 'Fade Up' section.
  3. Select the cells in the sequence where you want to apply this.

Thank You Steven. I'll try that. As I said, I know I've done it lots of times but its always a got lucky type thing and managed to make it happen.