Light-O-Rama Forums

SS export to SE, pixel response not in time

Marty Belisle

I built a sequence in Superstar for my CCBs/ CCRs and exported to my sequence editor.  Cut and paste into my original sequence.  When I play the sequence it looks fine in the visualizer but when I hook up a physical CCB or CCR it appears that the RGB color pixel does not respond in time.  For example Purple: the pixel starts blue than changes to purple or with orange the pixel starts with red than moves to orange.  It is just a split second before it gets to the right color however it does not seem to be a smooth color transition.  Is there a way to prevent this? 

What you are seeing is lag. For example, purple is a mixture of blue and red. The controller has to sends two separate command, one turn on blue and another command to turn on red. One of the commands is getting there a split second before the other one.

The things you can do to reduce this are:

1) Check the network speed. Launch the Sequence Editor, select Edit and then select Preferences and then Network Preferences. Select the fastest speed which is 500k

2) You can increase the number of networks you are using. One network at 500K should run 24 strings of CCBs or CCRs.

If you are already using 500K let me know

That was the problem.  It was only set at the recommended 56k.  Bumped it up to 500k and it works great; no lag, Thanks very much for the help.