Light-O-Rama Forums

How To: Taking advanatage of 2.0

Tom B.

Hi All,

So, I have taken a sequence from last year ... that I wish to reuse this year. There is alot channel changes to make, but the events are still in the correct spot.

For those who have been using 2.0 for awhile. What would you do to improve your old sequences to take advantage of 2.0?

As I work on sequences and learn the software, I'll post any ideas here too.

Thanks,
T.

I am using some of my old sequences from last year but I added a bunch of stuff to my display.

On Track 1 I created all my channels that I will have for this years display. I then duplicated this track to a new track. I then selected this new track and then deleted all my new channels so track 2 had the EXACT same layout as my old sequences.

I was then able to just cut and paste my old sequence into track 2 and they would also appear in track 1 and things would be on the correct channel. I was then able to sequence my new channels I added to my display around my old ones.

Hi Richard,

I'm trying to figure out what you did ... then, why.

(Full Disclosure: I have not yet tried to sequence a new song use 2.0 yet.)

Notes:

• I just finished updating an sequence from last year.
  • I used the Tapper Method to sequence the song ... the events match up with the beats I wanted to use. (In other words, I did not use the 1/10th method when I originally completed this sequence.)
  • Since there were no layers to work with, I felt that the tracks (as I understand them at this time) would not have improved my original work. So all channels are in the same track.

I will hold off on questions at this point ... I need to see how sequencing a song from scratch will work ... and how the tracks will be utilized.

Thanks,

T.