Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Question

mmais68569

Ok I have done all my sequencing, created a show in the show editor, scheduled the show to run.

Now is there anyway I can watch the complete show in the visualizer?

Mike

To the best of my knowledge you can only view a sequence in the visualizer via playing it in the sequence editor. You can not run a show and the sequences will play on the visualizer. Could be an interesting option though.

Shows play in visualizer. Just schedule it and start the show. And watch it in your visualizer window.

Sax

Were you able to get your X pattern done? How did you do it?

Yes it was easy when I found the secret.

As George said use paste foreground, well the only one I saw was under tools & that did not work. Look real close at the bottom of the clipboards, you will see "Paste From Foreground" click it & the X works or another intersecting lines.

Mike

I found that I could turn on the Visualizer, but chose to make sure it is turned off during my real show times, thinking it will save cpu cycles. LOR tech may know if that is reality or now.

Looks like we're all gonna learn something here when a LOR expert does finally chime in. I'm aware that the show can be watched using the Visualizer, but since I can easily see the show by looking out the window I've never actually watched it live with the Vis. In my experience the Vis has been a lot less stable than S3. Since Murphy's Law is always a factor in life, I'd avoid using the Vis during a show just to insure there's no chance of it crashing and taking the PC with it and/or locking up other LOR programs that are running at the time.

I believe the show player is far less demanding of computer resources than the Sequence Editor. Technically speaking, that would mean if you can use the Visualizer to watch a sequence run by the SE without causing any PC performance problems, then you should certainly be able to watch the Visualizer without causing performance issues while the show player runs that same sequence.

George

Guess I did not make myself real clear on the original post.

Why I asked was so I could real the complete show to see if there were an problems. I did this during the sequencing but something always pops up.

Mike

Ran visualizer in the background on all my shows last year...Christmas and Halloween. My show computer is not a powerful PC at all...pre i3 series duo core.

I did have lag on my CCRs the first show but it caught up by the second and subsequent shows. I never even thought the visualizer could be the cause of that lag. Doooooooh!

This year, I will try to keep visualizer off and see if it matters. But I like being able to look at the computer and see what should be showing up in the yard.

If you have two computers in the house, you could always run the Visualizer on a different PC and run it from there during the show. I'd imagine you would still have the CPU cycles it takes to send the Visualizer data to consider, but I'd guess it would be lower than running the Visualizer at the same time as your shows.

Haven't tried it before, so it's only a theory.