Light-O-Rama Forums

Morph

Peponne31

Ello,

Could you explain me how to create  à morph  starting slowly white 0%->100%->0%

Thank you for you help.

Peponne31

On YouTube, search for "Superstar Sequencer tutorial". I think Tutorial 2 is the one you want.

If I understand the question correctly, you want a "chase" where the leading edge of the chase is dim and the intensity increases and then decreases. In other words, a chase that fades in and fades out.

The default morph has a leading edge and a tail that slowly fades out, so the fading out part is very easy. But the fading in part is not obvious. You have to do the fading in with one morph and the fading out with another morph. For the "fading in" morph do the following:

set the "state 1" head length to 0 and also set the "state 2" head length to 0.

set the tail start color to black, and set the tail end color to whatever color you want, such as red.

add this morph

For the second morph do the following:

set the "state 1" head length to 0 and also set the "state 2" head length to 0.

set the tail start color to whatever color you want, such as red, and set the tail end color to black.

add this morph after the first one, place it so it overlaps the first one, place it the start of this morph's tail is at the end of the first morph's tail.

I will be the first to admit that this is cumbersome. I would like to add a feature that would allow you to do this with one morph but currently this is how you have to do it.