Light-O-Rama Forums

Oww... what earphones do y'all use?

aegault

Definitely going to need some decent over-the-ear phones I think.  Recommendations from anyone?

I use Bose QC15 upgraded from my Bose QC3...

They are quite expensive if you have to buy them.

Thanks Delta. I traded 42,500 Skymiles for mine.

I travel a couple of times each week.

Spending miles is easier than giving up cash.

I have a set of Sony studio monitor headphones. Not sure what I will do when they wear out. They have been discontinued for a while now.

As mentioned before the Bose QC15's are the best noise cancelling headphones on the on the market.  They utilize the same technology found in the Pilot version of the headset.  I've had mine since they came out and still on the original pair.  The frequency response is amazing and for a Bose product, quite surprising.  I'd put my QC15's up against the B&W's, the B&O's, or even the HD Series from Sennheiser.  That's how good they are and if you think $300 is expensive for headphones, look at the B&O or the Sennheiser HD1200...Those are $1,500 headphones.  A smart way to find the best is to try them before you buy.  If you get the QC15's direct from Bose they carry a unconditional 30 day money back guarantee...

The Bose QC15 also comes with a Iphone microphone smart cable...

I had to buy the Android cable with microphone.

Bose told me it is because more people have Iphones. Cell phone with training wheels.

The call sound and voice quality is great. Even in noisy server farms.

If all you're wanting them for is to keep peace in the house while you're sequencing, you don't need to spend more than 20-30 bucks for standard-issue lightweight earphones that will be comfortable and have acceptable sound quality.

And BTW - the Bose people cited above are full of sh*t - the number of Android users outnumber Iphone users by a monstrously huge margin.

They are getting 29.99 from every Android user who wants a microphone.

I complained when I was ordering mine.

I use beats solo that I got for Christmas. It might have been a sign from my wife that she was tired of hearing christmas sings in the middle of summer lol

Maybe more people with disposable income have iPhones. ;)

I'd rather spend my $$ on my lights than my headphones- but a good pair might be a good Christmas gift to ask for~

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro. Gift from a friend. Work well, over the ear and softly padded. Amazon says they were about 90 bucks.

I use Sennheiser HD 280 Pro at home

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/sennheiser-hd-280-pro-closed-back-headphones

And AKG K403 when at the coffee shop or on the go.

http://eu.akg.com/akg-product-detail-eu/k403blk.html

both were inexpensive and the Sennheiser I use in my recording studio. Excellent headphones. 

Edited by Box on Rails

Senheiser HD25 headphones; lightweight, blocks out almost all noise, used by network sports announcers (with the mic optioni) and can be seen floating around ebay for as low as $60.

I have several sets and so does the wife, when she's practicing on her keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked