Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Tree Construction...what do you think?

boisechris

Sounds like you are building a "flat" tree.  If so here's a topic for you:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23186-anyone-else-building-a-frame-for-a-12-ribbon-ccr-tree/

mine came out great.

Huh! Funny you should post this. I've been trying to find this post. Just couldn't remember who it was. Anyway, this is where I got the idea of the Superstrut. I already had the rest of it built and was looking for a straight material. Thanks khawes.

Nice Pics Ron.. ty.

Can you buy the half circle that goes around the pole and attaches to the superstrut?

Also.. for the 2d tree would you just attach a shorter piece of superstrut at the top as well?

To use the strut at the top, yes it's probable. You would need it to be shaped in an upside down "V" though. When using the same length banding for all strings or strips, the ones in the middle will be longer than on the end, since you want all of the pixels at the same distance apart. Just the geometry of the structure will dictate that. Be sure and read through that link khawes posted, there is some really good info in there.

The half circle is just a 1/2" EMT bent in a 180°

Ron,

is the 180 tree the one on the left?

I made a similiar 1/4 tree topper you did, after also bending the one I purchase. Used 1/8 cable, no problems.

Yep, that's the one.

Edited by Ron Boyd