Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer timings without license

jrock_at_rons

I haven't purchased any of the LOR hardware or software yet (waiting for the summer sale) but I do want to start sequencing (32 channels to start).  I've been able to download the free versions of the visualizer and sequence editor.  When I attempt to set the timings for my first sequence (using beat wizard or VU wizard) it says they are not allowed without a license.  

Is there a method available in the free version I should be using to start out with?  All the tutorials I've watched have made use of the beat wizard.  The song I'm attempting is fairly short (1:46) so if there's a less desirable/more labor intense way I am up for it. 

I didn't want to but the software now as I figured I could save some money with buying it with the starter pack this summer (but if I have to, I will).

Thanks.

Here's the visualization of my 32 channel setup so far (I have 2 channels left to decide upon). 

2 strings on the dormers over the garage.

Here is the comparison of the different software levels: http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-software/

Basic Plus is when you can use it. I have no idea about what the "Demo" is. I never used those versions. Maybe someone will chime in on what the Demo version of the Beat Wizard is.

Thanks Ron. 

I've looked some more and the deeper I dig the more it seems you have to get the software to save any sequences you create.  I'm going to wait til after our vacation this month and finally purchase the starter kit.  I'll wait till the summer sale for the 2nd controller. 

I was hoping you wouldn't say dormers.  The roof is super steep and the garage eave hangs below it so ladders are tough.  I knew I would have to scale it eventually though. 

For now I'll keep building my pressure treated 'eave boards' to mount and hang the eave lights.

Thanks.   

I agree - dormers.

The good thing is that if you fall it looks like you'd be fairly close to the ground. A nice queen-size inflatable mattress might be a good idea to cushion the landing.

IMHO the Beat Wizard is the one indispensable sequencing tool to have.

You could also put 2 colors around the garage door.

Understood about the steep pitch on a roof. Mine's the same way and I'm too chicken to climb up there. I don't have access to a bucket truck or lift without renting one. I can't justify the cost of that though. If I could find a permanant solution and be able to leave them up year round, (inconspicuous, the wife would never go for something like CCBs), I would rent one for the initial installation, and then just have an input hanging out of site. One day, I'll figure it out.

Good luck and be safe if you do climb up there.

My plan as of now is to mount the C9s to pressure treated 1x3s and then install hooks on the eaves and 1x3s to hang them.  Getting the hardware installed will be tough, but after that its just a matter of clipping them up and plugging them in.  If my math is correct I'll have three 8' sections across the garage and five 8' sections across the main roof line.  In the future this also allows me to control each section as a separate channel if I should so desire.  

I may go the route of the garage outline this year just to be safe. 

Thanks again everyone. 

you can save sequences you make,but it won't control lights. I also believe the demo won't control the visualizer .  I did the demo when I first started,but it was lor s 2 . I used the animation screen that will work in the demo mode.

I did lots of sequencing using the visualiser and sequence editor with no problem before I bought the starter pack just before Christmas. I had no problem saving these files. Not sure about the beat wizard but I think you may be right that this feature doesn't work in demo mode

How about 1 channel for a lighted sign saying what time/dates and frequency your show will be playing on and the other channel for the fm transmitter itself...just a thought if you want to avoid the roof....Welcome to the madness

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to attempt 2 colors on both the dormers.  They'll be the same 2 channels this year but I can split them in the future. 

As for beat wizard, I can use it but I can't save my sequence when using it.  I'm going to buy the starter kit next week so I'll use it then.  For now I've got a good start to my sequence and I can just add the beat wizard timing later.