Light-O-Rama Forums

I just finished my first sequence!

6t8dart

I just finished my first sequence!

I spent about 8 hours this weekend programming a sequence for "Blue Christmas" by Elvis, I still have yet to get my LOR equipment, hopefully tomorrow. I ordered a 16 channel controller and the 8 flood light setup, but I am going to to add RGB dumb strips to the windows, and possibly another controller later.

Congrats. I'm almost done with my first. I already hooked my lor and dmx stuff(dumb leds) to get an idea, and WOW. I'm hooked.

I programmed for 16 channels and 8 channels of RGB. Most of the time was spent learning the different features and figuring out the visualizer. I think my next sequence should take a few hours, I figured out a system for doing it faster, and I can't wait to try it out. Next song is Heatmiser.

Can you send me a copy of your sequence so I can get an idea of what you did?  I'm a newbie also with a 16 ch controller and 8 RGB floods with controller. thanks!  Marc-Anthony

RBeachBum31@aol.com

Hard to explain, but I set up groups, I assigned each group to a part of the song. I have five trees, the two outer ones alternate to the beat. The center one is vocals. The floods change to the melody.

Like I said, hard to explain. But I started with the beat detector and assigned a group of lights to it and programmed them all the way to the end, I then assigned the lights to the vocals and programmed them to the end, and so on...

I used the waveform to turn lights on to the peak, then played it to see if they matched, corrected them, and them assigned fades, twinkles, etc. I wish I could explain better but I'm still a noob too.

Can you send me a copy of your sequence so I can get an idea of what you did?  I'm a newbie also with a 16 ch controller and 8 RGB floods with controller. thanks!  Marc-Anthony

RBeachBum31@aol.com

Sure, but I won't have time until the weekend.

Don't forget to send me a copy of what you did, I have no idea how to do the floods. thanks.....Marc-Anthony

RBeachBum31@aol.com

I sent both of you guys my sequence, just remember, it's my first try. I might make a few changes still, I keep coming up with different ideas for lighting.

I ordered five RGB dumb led strips off ebay this week ( 4 windows, 1 door ). This sure beats the red, blue, white, purple, and multi led light strings I had on the windows last year, one thin strip to cover all the colors. I can't wait till they come in and I can start playing with them.

well we have a new one in texas I live in keene about 30 miles south of irving

hello there, I never heard of Keene, but I have only been in TX for 12 years, I grew up in MI.

out by cleburne texas go 67 south about 45 min from you

Edited by james morris

out by cleburne texas go 67 south about 45 min from you

Ok, I know where that is. Nice F100, I have been looking for a new pickup project, your looks sweet.