Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgrading software- what to use?

debtoews

I am going to get Superstar this year but I need to upgrade from S2 to S3- which version do I need? thanks

First, here is some information on LOR licenses.

Let's assume for a moment that you have an "Advanced" license that is no longer eligible for upgrades. (It's sometimes called expired, but that means only you can no longer upgrade to new version. Licenses never expire, only your ability to upgrade to new versions.) Now let's say you want to add a 2_CCR license. You would purchase the "New" 2_CCR license. Be very sure to use the same email address you currently use for your LOR license, otherwise it won't work automatically. Once you purchase the 2_CCR license, you are done. Nothing more to do. (Maybe restart the software, etc.) Also, when you purchase the 2_CCR license it will count as a renewal. You would not need to purchase a license renewal. You would only need to spend money for the 2_CCR license.

If you want to get a 4_CCR or 8_CCR license. Now is the time to do that. 

On the other hand if you have a "Basic Plus" license and you want to upgrade to Advanced AND get a CCR license, you would need to purchase BOTH the upgrade, and the 2_CCR license. The upgrade purchase would count as a renewal, so you wouldn't need to purchase that, bit you will end up purchase both the upgrade and 2_CCR license. 

----------

For everyone: When it comes to LOR licenses think of it this way, "How I can I spend the least amount of money on this license?" Getting a bit off topic here, but if you had a Basic Plus license that was no longer eligible for newer versions, but you wanted to get the Advanced license, you would only need to purchase the Basic Plus -> Advanced upgrade. That upgrade would also count as a renewal.

The only times you would end up buying more than one thing:

Wanting up upgrade versions and purchase a NEW SSE license.

Wanting to upgrade versions and upgrade your CURRENT SSE license.

Thanks for the info- but my question had to do with which version of S3 do I need to run Superstar????

I am going to get Superstar this year but I need to upgrade from S2 to S3- which version do I need? thanks

You answered your own question. Superstar works with S3 and above.