Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for LED lights

RBeachBum

Newbie here looking to get Cool White LED  strings of 100's.  Does anyone have any good sites that I can go to where they are reasonable as I need to buy a lot of them.  thanks Marc-Anthony 

RBeachBum31@aol.com

I have some C-9 cool white LEDs that I got from Lowes. I used them this past year and really are bright. However, they do not dim like I want them to. On and off are fine, but I was needing them to dim.  I have about 10 strands of 50 length if you are interested.  Probably sell them for $5 a piece plus shipping.

rjmcmasters@triad.rr.com

Randy

If you're interested in warm white, I have some NIB "globe style" lights that I bought from Walgreens last year. I think I have about 2 dozen of the 50-ct strands. The globes are about 1/2" in size. I know you said you wanted cool white, but if you're flexible on that, you can have them for $100, plus shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

In the last 2 days I got most of my lights.  The BEST deal was on retro fit bulbs from Holiday Light Express.  Beware of some of these other sites for over charging on shipping.  Thanks to all who helped me find good sites to go to.  Thanks to Don from Synchronized Christmas for a GREAT deal on full range mini lights for my cage trees!

• 3 weeks later...

A Newbie here, what lights work best with LOR? I'm trying to stay LED but am confused by C6, M6, C9 Etc. How can I tell if the lights are full range or not?

A Newbie here, what lights work best with LOR? I'm trying to stay LED but am confused by C6, M6, C9 Etc. How can I tell if the lights are full range or not?

I use cheap lights from the big box stores.  Most of those are half-wave.  Full wave are the professional lights sold on most of the sites listed above.  If it doesn't say full-wave, it probably is half.   When looking at the lights, I personally cannot tell the difference except if I move my head quickly, then you can see the flicker to the half-wave lights.

C6, M6, C9 are all sizes and shapes of light bulbs.  The letter (C or M tells you the shape).  C is for cone, M is for mini, G is for globe.  The number indicates the size.  more information here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holiday_lighting_technology

Another difference is reliability and brightness. Professional grade LEDs - regardless of the color/size/style of the plastic lens - are sealed units. Many, many decorator's hearts have been broken by the unreliability of replaceable bulb LEDs.

Half-wave lights are by far the most common type you'll find for sale in retail outlets. No-doubt, price is the primary consideration. Half-wave lights will almost always (actually it's been *always* in my experience) have a flicker which is most noticeable the closer you are to the lights. Also, full wave LEDs are a LOT brighter than half wave.